Blood Pressure/Medical (longish)

Old September 27th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

Default Blood Pressure/Medical (longish)

On Sep 26, 2:20 pm, Nomen Nescio wrote:

Regards,
Jon

Old September 27th 07, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"JGalban via AviationKB.com" u32749@uwe wrote

He gets an inordinate amount of attention right here. That's why he
will
be with us indefinitely.

Right. That is why every post by him should be answered in a very simple
way, (like below) by everyone.

*****************
Shun mode = ON
*****************

Could we all please try to do this right, starting now?
--
Jim in NC

Old September 27th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Wizard of Draws" wrote

Thanks Jim. I'm trying to cut down on the cokes and substitute juice.
Certainly can't hurt.

It would appear as though weight is not much of a problem for you, after
re-reading your post that had your weight and height in it. (I missed it the
first time.) (:-0)

Cokes are a big weakness for me too, and I refuse to consider diet Coke,
with all of the drawbacks and side-effects of aspartame, plus the nasty
after-taste. I managed to lose the weight and keep it off and the BP down
(for about 3 months now) even with my _many_ coke-a-day habit.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 27th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Viperdoc" wrote in
:

I agree: most people would have a difficult time working with or even
socializing with Anthony,

Be fair, if you were drunk and armed with a taser he'd be the life of the
party!

bertie
Old September 27th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jim Stewart wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in

Oh good god, he's dioing medicine now.

There's no limits to his knowledge and
opinions as long as he doesn't have to
strap into the front seats of a real
aircraft.

We should ask him what the cure is for cancer while hes here.

Bertie

Old September 27th 07, 06:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote

Be fair, if you were drunk and armed with a taser he'd be the life of the
party!

But I'm not, and I don't have a taser, and he's a punk.

I still say Shun. If you want to play, I can't stop you, but I'll bet you
are in the minority, at this point.
--
Jim in NC

Old September 27th 07, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Anyway, congrats on getting the medical. But you may be surprised at how well
the meditation could work at getting off the meds.

Indeed. I discovered Benson's book, "The Relaxation Response," about
20 years ago and it works.

Care to expand on that, Jon? How's it work?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 27th 07, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

I do think arm's length posts to Mx's messages -- those that correct
errors -- are worthwhile but not engaging him in a message exchange is
important. It may not stop him, but newcomers should be warned of
misinformation. Viperdoc tends to do that and Bertie in his subtle way
does call attention to Mx's lack of credentials from time to time.

Bertie, it might be a good idea to not hold back as much as you do,
that restraint could have an affect on your health.

There is no charge for this professional advice, Bertie.

Old September 27th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Morgans" wrote in
:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote

Be fair, if you were drunk and armed with a taser he'd be the life of
the party!

But I'm not, and I don't have a taser, and he's a punk.

I still say Shun. If you want to play, I can't stop you, but I'll bet
you are in the minority, at this point.

I,m almost always in th eminority.

Bertie
Old September 27th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 21:02:05 -0400, Wizard of Draws
wrote in
:

I'll stick with my old friend running and change the diet for a while first.

I find it interesting that throughout this entire message thread there
has been no mention of reducing sodium intake for lowering blood
pressure. I thought curtailing salt use was the number one remedy.