Building my own Zeppelin

Old January 27th 04, 02:32 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 15:07:20 -0600, Russell Kent wrote:

You can start by stopping off at your local party supply store and asking for
18,869,217 helium ballons, and some netting to hold them all. Spring for the
mylar ones, they last longer.

Not the mylar ones, they have too large a radar signature. The forces of good
will be able to track you to your secret mountain fortress too easily.

Actually, it's the aluminization of the Mylar(tm) that increases the radar
signature, so if you can get clear Mylar(tm) balloons, you should be ok. Yet
another example where aluminization of the aircraft structure is a Bad Idea. :-)

But...but...that's *perfect*. A transparent, evil, hydrogen-filled, swamp
gas-injesting zep. It beats Wonder Woman's invisible SR-71 all to
heck....

Ron Wanttaja
Old January 27th 04, 03:13 AM
Morgans

"hjarrett" wrote in message
Some trolls are just too much fun not to feed.
Hank J

So I see!

Old January 27th 04, 04:36 AM
John Ousterhout

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:10:19 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

That would be a lot of fun, wouldn't it? Best would be an open gondola
Zeppelin so that you could leer over the side wearing a leather helmet,
scarf and goggles. A megaphone to amplify your maniacal laugh and maybe a
scantily clad blonde sidekick screaming for help would complete the picture.
Of course, some of the guys here would love the chance to come roaring up in
their Nieuports to bring you down with incendiary rockets. Better to just
forget the idea.

ROCKETS! That's what I need. In WWI some of the Nieuport fighter
used the rockets to shoot down observation ballons. With no balloons
around I didn't install rockets on my Nieuport. But in the absence of
balloons a Zeppelin will make a fine target.

Dick Lemons of the Kansas CIty Dawn Patrol has rockets on his
Nieuport.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ouster...and_dick_s.jpg

- John (future Nieuport pilot) Ousterhout -

Old January 27th 04, 05:47 AM
Eric Miller

"C J Campbell" wrote in message

This may be a job for the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen!

Ok, I"m not extraordinary, and maybe I'm not a gentleman, but I still don't
understand why you don't invite me to join your league...

Old January 27th 04, 08:20 AM
B2431

(Alberto Panno-Peano)

I want to want to build an evil Zeppelin to fly around and terrorize the
people.

What do I need ?

If you want to build a duplicate of the Hindenburg and use helium for safety
(which is what it was designed to use) you will needa about 6.5 million cubic
feet of helium. Price that before you get too excited.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old January 27th 04, 01:50 PM
Daniel

Richard Riley wrote ...
And a fez. You'd have to have a red fez.

Dammit Richard! If I wanted a hot caffiene lavage of my nasal
passages (and keyboard) I would have asked for one!

Daniel
Old February 6th 04, 03:31 PM
Wright1902Glider

Lets not forget the sound system. You could have Wick's custom-build a
lightweight pipe organ for you! (Yep, they build pipe organs right across the
street from the avaition supply shop.) Now that would be truly evil! And no
self-respecting bad-guy would make terror without pipe organ music, would he?

Harry
Old February 6th 04, 05:50 PM
FIyer111

LOLOL