Become a TSA funeral home partner

Old November 22nd 04, 07:47 PM
Chris

Default Become a TSA funeral home partner

wet myself laughing at this one. I wonder whether they give air miles too.

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/e...orial_1698.xml

GA stands no chance really.

Old November 22nd 04, 08:02 PM
zatatime

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 19:47:20 -0000, "Chris"
wrote:

wet myself laughing at this one. I wonder whether they give air miles too.

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/e...orial_1698.xml

GA stands no chance really.

Sheesh! You really can't make this stuff up. I sure wouldn't
believe it unless I read it myself.

Thanks (I think).
Old November 22nd 04, 09:40 PM
ShawnD2112

I am privileged for I have now truly seen it all!

Shawn

Old November 22nd 04, 09:49 PM
Peter MacPherson

I guess reality is stranger than fiction after all.

Old November 22nd 04, 10:42 PM
Charlie

GA stands no chance really.

Imagine your comments if the TSA prevented a grieving widow and her child
from boarding a plane because they couldnt see through the urn...

some of you people are never happy...

Thanks TSA for trying to accomdate situations while working to keep us
safe.
Old November 22nd 04, 11:32 PM
Jim Burns

No matter what your citizenship, bureaucracy saves no lives nor makes a
country safer. It does however make it's citizens captives of their own
government.

When terrorists attack again, but use differant methods, new laws and
agencys will be created in the name of safety and prevention, however the
old laws and agencies will not be abolished. Bureaucracy breeds and thrives
upon itself.

When a government agency asks for funeral homes to become partners in
national Transportation Security, all in the name of safety and security,
what possibly can be next???

The TSA has created it's own minimum threshold to judge all other "threats"
against. The imagination of a career hungry bureaucrat is undoubtedly more
of a threat to the citizens of this country than the poor greaving mother
carrying the remains of a distant family member home for the last time.

I'm affraid there will be many more examples that meet this minimum
threshold and I cringe at how bizarre they may be.

There are many great things about this country. Our citizens have more
rights and freedoms than those of many other countries. Our fathers,
mothers, sons and daughters fight and die for us to keep those freedoms.
Unfortunately our ability to excercise those rights and freedoms is
sometimes inhibited by government agencies created out of fear or as a
desperate attempt of government to show "action".

I won't go so far to say that "We have nothing to fear but fear itself", but
look at what the fear of the unknown has created. There is a big differance
between being vigilant and being paranoid. The TSA operates on fear and
paranoia.

The devil's greatest trick was to convince the world that he didn't exist.
Bin Ladin's greatest act of terror did not happen in New York, Washington,
DC, or in Pennsilvainia. It's happening now. It's happening all across
America. It's happening to you and me and your mother and your father and
your childeren.

Now it's even happening at your local funeral home.

Jim

---

Old November 22nd 04, 11:57 PM
C J Campbell

"Charlie" wrote in message

GA stands no chance really.

Imagine your comments if the TSA prevented a grieving widow and her child
from boarding a plane because they couldnt see through the urn...

That is exactly what TSA said they will do.

some of you people are never happy...

Thanks TSA for trying to accomdate situations while working to keep us
safe.

What accommodation?

Old November 23rd 04, 12:00 AM
Morgans

Jim, I agree with most of what you say, but from your comments, I have to
ask. Did you read the whole article?

You quote:

When a government agency asks for funeral homes to become partners in
national Transportation Security, all in the name of safety and security,
what possibly can be next???

What does having a way to transfer remains after a flight, have to do with
"what possibly can be next???"

The absurd part is that they have to x-ray remains. To do so demands that
the remains be in anon-metallic container. All they are offering is a way
to get the remains back into a home "showpiece" container.

The remains being put in a plastic or wood container is not unusual. One of
the hats I wear is that of the last person to handle other loved ones's
ashes, and seal them in a memorial wall at the church I am a member of. They
are commited in a plastic container, so they container will not deteriorate
over time, I guess. Some people have real problems about dealings with their
loved one's remains. What is wrong with the TSA wanting to make it a little
easyer?

I still agree with you about most that you say about the TSA, I just don't
understand, this time. Am I missing something?

--
Jim in NC

---

Old November 23rd 04, 12:33 AM
Jim Burns

"Morgans" wrote in message

Jim, I agree with most of what you say, but from your comments, I have to
ask. Did you read the whole article?

You quote:

When a government agency asks for funeral homes to become partners in
national Transportation Security, all in the name of safety and

security,
what possibly can be next???

What does having a way to transfer remains after a flight, have to do with
"what possibly can be next???"

Maybe they have a point about not being able to xray a ceramic or concrete
urn, but I question what other items aren't xrayed or aren't able to be
xrayed. I'll admit that I don't honestly know. Do they xray bodies?
Coffins? I really don't know.

What I meant about "what can possibly be next" was an exhasperated comment
meaning "What other parts of our lives will they feel necessary to intrude
into next "in the name of transportation safety". Do they have suspiscion
or evidence of explosives or the like being transported upon airliners in
urns or are they just saying that it could be possible and we have to create
new rules "just in case"?

What other businesses that depend on commercial airlines will be asked to
become TSA partners because somebody dreams up something that could be
possible?

Will the bus drivers, truck drivers, boaters, longshoremen, railworkers,
subway operators, and cabbies be forced to jump through invisible hoops like
CFI's have had to just because something may be possible? The "training"
required by the TSA for CFI's was comical at best. From what I have seen so
far, we can expect more of the same.

Jim

---

Old November 23rd 04, 12:47 AM
Chris

What other businesses that depend on commercial airlines will be asked to
become TSA partners because somebody dreams up something that could be
possible?

Will the bus drivers, truck drivers, boaters, longshoremen, railworkers,
subway operators, and cabbies be forced to jump through invisible hoops
like
CFI's have had to just because something may be possible? The "training"
required by the TSA for CFI's was comical at best. From what I have seen
so
far, we can expect more of the same.

Jim

I agree with you Jim. The next initiative will be for cab drivers to have to
fingerprint all their alien passengers before they can be carried.

Bus journey time times will increase as the drivers check the resident
status of passengers at each bus stop. Passengers will have to complete a
destination card saying where they are going when they get off the bus.
Passports will be needed to travel on a bus.

Old ladies will be hoiked out of the lines for full body examinations so as
there can be no accusations of racial profiling.

It will get worse