Uvalde fatality

Old August 5th 10, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
150flivver

Default Uvalde fatality

Just saw on the AOPA site that there was a glider fatality at the
contest in Uvalde TX yesterday, the 4th.. Anyone have any details?
Old August 5th 10, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_10_]

On Aug 5, 8:48*am, 150flivver wrote:
Just saw on the AOPA site that there was a glider fatality at the
contest in Uvalde TX yesterday, the 4th.. *Anyone have any details?

http://tinyurl.com/2347o3v

Very sad - my condolences.

Andy
9B

Old August 5th 10, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ppp1

On 5 elo, 17:53, Andy wrote:
On Aug 5, 8:48*am, 150flivver wrote:

Just saw on the AOPA site that there was a glider fatality at the
contest in Uvalde TX yesterday, the 4th.. *Anyone have any details?

http://tinyurl.com/2347o3v

Very sad - my condolences.

Andy
9B

Not again My condolences for the family. Chirs was an absolute fun
guy and I cheris the memories of Tonopah, where we had such a great
time.

Old August 5th 10, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Region10Soar

From the Uvalde newspaper:

http://www.uvaldeleadernews.com/arti...news/news1.txt

This is extremely sad.
-GE
Old August 5th 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chip Bearden[_2_]

Chris O'Callaghan (OC). Good pilot. Good man. More than a soaring
buddy. I never saw him without a smile on his face. What a loss. My
condolences to Laura and all the friends who were fortunate to know
him better than I did.

Chip Bearden
ASW 24 "JB"
USA
Old August 6th 10, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

I am very very sorry to hear about Chris....Chris was always a "Class Act" a
good person.
My condolences to his family
Tim

Old August 6th 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

an awful loss. Here is a very nice obit from AOPA:
http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/article...callaghan.html
Old August 6th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

an awful loss. *Here is a very nice obit from AOPA:http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/article...callaghan.html

A nice AOPA article that followed that orbit:

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/article...WT.mc_sect=tts
Old August 6th 10, 09:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

When Chris started a new magazine (Soaring Pilot) a few years back,
he asked me to write a colum titled (In the Barn) where I would tell
the tale of the last flight of a ship that ended up in my spare parts
barn. Sadly, Chris's ship now has a tale to tell of its last flight.
This is a beautiful sport, but it can bite you.
Rest in peace old friend, I'll meet you under that distant Cu, some
day.
JJ
Old August 7th 10, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
brianDG303[_2_]

On Aug 6, 1:21*pm, JJ Sinclair wrote:
When Chris started a new magazine (Soaring Pilot) *a few years back,
he asked me to write a colum titled (In the Barn) where I would tell
the tale of the last flight of a ship that ended up in my spare parts
barn. Sadly, Chris's ship now has a tale to tell of its last flight.
This is a beautiful sport, but it can bite you.
Rest in peace old friend, I'll meet you under that distant Cu, some
day.
JJ

That makes 4 fatal glider accidents in the US alone in 4 weeks.

FATALITY IN SO. CAL. Vorsanger1 Soaring 5 September 18th 09 03:32 PM
Yet another fatality.... Bob Soaring 2 October 5th 06 06:09 AM
Fatality at AirSailing James D'Andrea Soaring 4 July 21st 05 03:00 AM
Gliding Fatality in Vic, Aus. elZee Soaring 4 April 1st 05 11:55 AM
Fatality at Airsailing Dusty Soaring 1 May 9th 04 07:06 PM