TSA Security Rule, applies to who, and who's taken it?

Old February 5th 05, 09:27 AM
scupper79

Default TSA Security Rule, applies to who, and who's taken it?

my subject poses my question?

ck

Old February 5th 05, 11:34 AM
Bob Noel

In article 1107595660.f5bf59948aca7d4d4f8fe7667f194501@teran ews,
"scupper79" wrote:

my subject poses my question?

what "TSA Security Rule" and how does one take a rule?

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like
Old February 5th 05, 05:01 PM
BTIZ

if you refer to the requirement to take the security training.. it applies
to most CFIs except
glider pilots need to take it.

BT

news:1107595660.f5bf59948aca7d4d4f8fe7667f194501@t eranews...

Old February 5th 05, 06:41 PM
C J Campbell

"scupper79" wrote in message
news:1107595660.f5bf59948aca7d4d4f8fe7667f194501@t eranews...
my subject poses my question?

The CFI security training is fairly innocuous, though it contains some
howlers. If you can't print out the graduation form (it is a pop-up blocked
by many computer security programs), just put an entry in your logbook
certifying that you took the training.

Old February 5th 05, 07:11 PM

"C J Campbell" wrote:
The CFI security training is fairly innocuous, though it contains some
howlers. If you can't print out the graduation form (it is a pop-up blocked
by many computer security programs), just put an entry in your logbook
certifying that you took the training.

It isn't only for CFIs, anyone/everyone working in our building at the
airport had to take it. But you're right about the howlers.
Old February 5th 05, 07:39 PM

It is a simple common sense test that anyone with a frontal lobe can
pass if they can read english! Essentially all it says is to call your
supervisor and push the responsibility up the chain until someone has
brains enough to deal with it....or not..?!
I did it to satisfy the feds as a CFI.
Ol S&B

Old February 6th 05, 06:45 AM
scupper79

I only heard it through a peer of mine in a class where he shouldn't even
know about it. I'm an independent CFI which just got my first BFR (old
term.) and have never been asked about it. Should I bother learning and
taking or just wait until I'm pressured into it?

ck

Old February 6th 05, 06:42 PM
Scott D.

"scupper79" wrote in message
news:1107595660.f5bf59948aca7d4d4f8fe7667f194501@ teranews...
my subject poses my question?

ck

Any CFI that is teaching needs to (should) have it. It is quick to
go thru. You can not fail it. There is no real test, you just have to
drone through their presentation, and do a little interactive
questioning, and then print out the certificate and keep it on file.

You can find the presentation here.

http://www.tsa.gov/public/display?co...000519800d11d8

There is also other requirments a CFI has to do as well. In a nut
shell, if you instruct someone that is working on getting a license or
upgrading, you need to get a copy of their birth certificate, or
Passport to ensure that they are a citizen of the US. You have to
keep a copy of this for 5 years. You also have to do one of the
following:

U.S. citizens who are receiving flight training
U.S. citizens (whether by birth or naturalization) beginning training
for a recreational, sport pilot, private pilot (single or multiengine)
certificate, multiengine rating (at any level), or instrument rating,
on or after October 20, 2004 in an aircraft weighing less than 12,500
pounds must present the flight school or flight instructor with
evidence of U.S. citizenship. Evidence must be shown by one of the
following:
Valid unexpired U.S. passport.
Original birth certificate of the United States, American Samoa, or
Swains Island, and government-issued picture ID.
Original certification of birth abroad with raised seal (Form FS-545
or DS-1350) and government-issued picture ID.
Original certificate of U.S. citizenship with raised seal (Form N-560
or N-561), or a Certificate of Repatriation (Form N-581), and
government-issued picture ID.
Original U.S. naturalization certificate with raised seal (Form N-550
or N-570) and a government-issued picture ID.
The instructor must then comply with one of the following two options:
Make an endorsement in both the instructor's logbook, or other record
used by the instructor to record flight student endorsements, and the
student's logbook with the following:
"I certify that [insert student's name] has presented me a [insert
type of document presented, such as a U.S. birth certificate or U.S.
passport, and the relevant control or sequential number on the
document, if any] establishing that [he or she] is a U.S. citizen or
national in accordance with 49 CFR 1552.3(h). [Insert date and
instructor's signature and CFI number.]"
Keep a copy of the documents used to prove citizenship for five years.
Flight training may begin after the documents have been reviewed and
either the logbook endorsement is made or copies are obtained by the
instructor.

Scott D

To email remove spamcatcher
Old February 6th 05, 09:04 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 06 Feb 2005 11:42:37 -0700, Scott D. wrote:

"I certify that [insert student's name] has presented me a [insert
type of document presented, such as a U.S. birth certificate or U.S.
passport, and the relevant control or sequential number on the
document, if any] establishing that [he or she] is a U.S. citizen or
national in accordance with 49 CFR 1552.3(h). [Insert date and
instructor's signature and CFI number.]"

and with this signoff you then are a certified nonterrorist?

sorry, #m

--
http://www.terranova.net/content/images/goering.jpg
http://www.indybay.org/news/2005/01/1713819.php
Old February 7th 05, 02:46 AM
Robert M. Gary

It sounds like you are giving instruction illegally. You must have a
valid TSA certificate to give flight instruction now. You need to go to
http://www.aopa.org/tsa_rule/ and learn how to do it. Its easy and
quick. I don't think there is any failure possible. I probably failed
mine but it "passed" me and issued the certificate.

-Robert