Sad day for Mxsmanic

Old March 5th 09, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default *********A DEFENCE FOR MXMORAN***********

"Ibby" wrote in message

Hell, the theroy is that Eastern Airlines flight 401 crashed because
the Captain bumped the yoke while just turning to talk to the copilot
and didn't know he had changed modes. It happened.

I cannot see how you wouldn't know the autopilot has been disconnected
as there is a very loud audible warning when this occurs as well as a
warning master switch above the PFD that the pilot cannot miss on
737/747 aircraft and I'm sure Airbus have it too

Ibby

Yeah, but you can't seem to see a lot of things, like reality for openers.

Old March 5th 09, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Just go look it up! writes:

Because unlike you I've been there and know it only takes 15-20lb of
pressure to disconnect the autopilot?

Why would incapacitated pilots be exerting pressure on the yoke?

You don't even understand the basics of the systems that you
supposedly simulate "just like real life" and come here and try and
tell real pilots who use this stuff day in and day out ...

Virtually nobody here uses this stuff day in and day out. Most of the
pilots
here are low-time private pilots, although they might fancy themselves
captains of the sky.

... that you know more than them, because playing MSFS is a suitable
substitute for real world experience and knoweldge?

When it comes to airliner systems, it's a lot more informative than the
baseless speculation I'm seeing from tin-toy pilots here. And I add
research
to that, which apparently is also a very rare practice among many posters
here.

You don't learn these systems by trial and error in the aircraft.

Then why are you hear dumb ass. Do you think you come here to teach!

You're just the village retard.

Old March 5th 09, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Ibby" wrote in message

Really, and how was your landing?

I wasn't allowed to land on my first lesson and I would doubt anyone
is but I'm sure your hoping to compare my first lesson to how I, or a
complete novice with zero aircraft experience, would land a commercial
airliner. Landing a small Cessna 152 (with NO AUTOPILOT) requires
manual control of pitch and throttle to retain the required descent
rate and localiser following. Landing an airliner can all be done via
the Autoland system with the press of a few buttons. It doesn't have
to be done manually, you do NOT have to control the yoke or touch the
thrust levers until on the ground. MOST real life landings are done
with this method with the pilot perhaps only disconnecting the
autopilot and autothrottle systems a few hundred feet above ground
level when the aircraft is already established and configured for the
descent path i.e. descent rate, airspeed and lateral position. His
hands will of course remain on the control column and thrust levels in
case he needs to press the TOGA button on the thrust lever in case of
a Go-Around etc.

If a novice or even a PPL pilot had to hand fly an airliner and land
it yes it would more than likely result in disaster but less likely
with the highly technical automation systems available today in the
Next Generation Boeings.

Ibby

Oh brother, Mx Jr.

Old March 5th 09, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

-b- writes:

Because they fell over on it. A well documented scenario in the real world.

Really? Incapacitated pilots who overcome a five-point harness and fall all
the way forward onto the yoke? Can you point me to some examples?

Yes, by definition, they are. Once you become quualified and certificated and
assume control of an aircraft, you are pilot in command.

Ho-hum.

What's really disturbing is that there are people without any of the
above qualificfations or experience who consider themselves qualified
to pass judgement.

Like aircraft engineers, you mean?
Old March 5th 09, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Clark writes:

Over a hundred dead Russians are testement that your "sure" is baseless.

How so?

What is up with these MSFS freaks? Why on Earth do they think a game is

anything like the real world?

Why do so many private pilots feel threatened by simulators? Strangely
enough, airline pilots are far less likely to exhibit this sort of knee-jerk
rejection.
Old March 5th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:

Why do so many private pilots feel threatened by simulators?

You have delusions of grandeur.

No one is threatened by simultators.

Most everyone is annoyed by a self-proclaimed aviation expert who's
credentials consist of playing games and reading Internet articles
about aviation. That the self-proclaimed aviation expert also has
a bad case of tunnel vision and the social skills of a 8 year old
doesn't help the situation.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old March 5th 09, 04:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
-b- writes:

Because they fell over on it. A well documented scenario in the real
world.

Really? Incapacitated pilots who overcome a five-point harness and fall
all
the way forward onto the yoke? Can you point me to some examples?

Yes, by definition, they are. Once you become quualified and certificated
and
assume control of an aircraft, you are pilot in command.

Ho-hum.

What's really disturbing is that there are people without any of the
above qualificfations or experience who consider themselves qualified
to pass judgement.

Like aircraft engineers, you mean?

No, retarded, antisocial cave dwellers like yourself.

He was really quite clear, try to keep up.

Old March 5th 09, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Clark writes:

Over a hundred dead Russians are testement that your "sure" is baseless.

How so?

What is up with these MSFS freaks? Why on Earth do they think a game is

anything like the real world?

Why do so many private pilots feel threatened by simulators? Strangely
enough, airline pilots are far less likely to exhibit this sort of
knee-jerk
rejection.

Their not, they just know you're a retarded, ****-for-brains so they avoid
you.

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 05:17 PM
Mxsmanic : Your results are in Mayo Clinic Piloting 13 May 24th 07 02:01 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM