Sad day for Mxsmanic

Old March 9th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ibby

Default NOT IGNORANCE BUT REALITY - REAL AUTOPILOT DISCONNECT WARNING ALARM4min 58secs on Video

So you admit your ignorance on the matter of autopilot disconnect. In other
words, your wonderful simulator is inadequate. Sorry 'bout that little boy.

I will post this again as it's NOT ignorance, it is REALITY.
Watch this clip - A REAL CLIP ON A REAL BOEING 747-400 NOT A GAME
4min 58 seconds the autopilot is disconnected by the pilot via a
button on his control column.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl-TW...eature=channel

This group is pathetic, I was going to try give you guys a chance but
you lot argue against ANYTHING depending on the source of the comment.
I'm sure most of you have experience in general aviation but are there
any real commercial pilots on here that will back your arguements, not
against the good or bad aspects of a sim but back your comments about
what you lot believe happens on a real commercial flightdeck

Ibby
Old March 9th 09, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ibby

Default *********A DEFENCE FOR MXMORAN***********

Oh brother, Mx Jr.- Hide quoted text -

God man grow up. What do you think the point of an autopilot,
autolanding and autothrottle systems are for?? To make control of an
airliner easier for the flightcrew whether it an Airbus, Boeing and MD
and even a Cirus, Pipers etc. As a Cessna 152 has NONE of these
systems they have to be flown by hand and landed by hand. An airliner
does NOT HAVE to be hand flown - in REAL LIFE and RARELY is. Read
some books, watch some videos and wise up you lot. I was DEFENDING
the skill required in hand flying a light aircraft but it just seems
to literally 'fly' over a lot of heads here in your blindness for what
you are reading. There is nothing wrong with my previous post. I
know what is required in a real aircraft to control airspeed,
attitude, descents and climbs because I HAVE bloody flown a REAL
aircraft but in the UK you are not permitted to land or take off on
your first lesson which I was commenting on.

Ibby
Old March 9th 09, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ibby

*It doesn't have
to be done manually, you do NOT have to control the yoke or touch the
thrust levers until on the ground. *MOST real life landings are done
with this method

??? Most?

Certainly not.

--
Duncan

Duncan

So do YOU believe a pilot of a 737 or 747 hand flys an entire STAR
approach, captures the ILS localiser and glideslope, whilst keeping
critical control of his altitude and reducing airspeed and deployment
of flaps ALL by hand. Commercial pilots use the autopilot's approach
system at the very LEAST to get established on the localiser and
control the descent on the glideslope whilst they manually reduce the
desired speed (still under the autopilots autohrottle control) on the
Mode Control Panel

Watch this video of the final stages of a 747-400 approach and landing
into San Fransisco. This is a typical landing. The pilot
disconnected the autopilot at a few hundred feet but this aircraft and
runway 28L could have enabled him to perform a full autoland.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ShBOtPiuNM

As you can clearly witness the majority of the input required by the
pilot to maintain flight, approach and landing is via the MCP on the
glareshield

Ibby

Ibby
Old March 9th 09, 06:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

In article 02f02df5-278d-42e2-b0ee-aa5271b2f795
@q11g2000yqh.googlegroups.com, says...
[...]

Relevance? (we're (you were) talking autolands, not approaches or even
cruise flight).

Old March 9th 09, 11:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Clark writes:

And a Russian Airbus crashed after an undetected autopilot disconnect. Now do
you have a clue?

Airbus? Well, all bets are off if you're flying a Scarebus.

You must be talking about Flight 593, with kids in the cockpit. Substantial
movement of the control column by one of the captain's kids visiting the
cockpit triggered a cancellation of roll-mode AP control, which in the
Scarebus is not audibly annunciated. It didn't take long for the pilots to
notice something was amiss, but by the time they figured it all out and got
the airplane under control, they were too low, and they crashed.

The mere fact that the captain let his kids touch the controls tends to imply
that the crew was incompetent to begin with.

Next, look up the Century series of autopilots. I'll guarantee you that they
don't give any audible alert when they disconnect. Don't even try to argue
this one since I have one in my aircraft.

Are you flying a 747 or an A380?
Old March 9th 09, 12:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Ibby" wrote in message news:05c5bdae-edf3-4329-86d5-

No your not. You are hear to create noise and confusion, just like your
brother MX.

Old March 9th 09, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Ibby" wrote in message news:aa4e0851-e0d5-4fb1-98dd-

Maybe you should take this back to the sim or game group. Perhaps it would
actually interest them.

Old March 9th 09, 12:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Ibby" wrote in message news:d1a8081d-1417-4547-927c-

You are really stuck on this warning bell thing. Have you had your hearing
tested lately?

Old March 9th 09, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Clark writes:

[...]

You are both flying a desk, dumb ass.

Old March 9th 09, 12:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Ibby" wrote in message

You grow up dumb ass. Just exactly like MX, in your ignorance and
inexperience you missed the whole point.

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 05:17 PM
Mxsmanic : Your results are in Mayo Clinic Piloting 13 May 24th 07 02:01 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 01:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 03:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 8th 06 11:26 PM