Airbus A 380 is rolling

Old April 17th 05, 09:45 PM
Stefan

Martin Hotze wrote:

Women, as such, can't be ['excluded' is what is the word by word
translation, it is more a 'denied out of' or 'banned from'] our society.

Close, but not eactly. I don't think a translation is possible at all.
You have to know the German sociologyc slang to grasp the sheer irony of
this statement.

Stefan
Old April 17th 05, 11:46 PM
Dan Luke

"john smith" wrote:
I saw an announcement two weeks ago in my local newspaper that Airbus
was searching for a site to build a US maintenance base.

Yes. My airport, Mobile Downtown, is in the running. Not sure I'm
crazy about this idea, as GA ramp space might be appropriated for new
facilities. On the other hand, if it boosts the local economy enough,
it might pump up my Bonanza fund.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old April 18th 05, 01:08 AM

Still, as an aviation buff, I'd love to watch a
touch-and-go.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Some years ago I happened to pass by Travis AFB, CA in a 152. There
were a few C5 Galaxies in the pattern - doing touch and go's.
Impressive, even from a distance. It was a rather large pattern.

David Johnson

Old April 18th 05, 01:31 AM
Blueskies

"john smith" wrote in message ...
Which is exactly what killed McDonald/Douglas.

Matt Whiting wrote:
Likewise. It is unfortunate that Boeing has suffered under some pretty poor management for the last decade or two.
If they'd have spent as much time on airplane design and marketing as they did trying to get the government to bail
them out against Airbus, I think they'd be much more competitive now.

The MD 11 killed MD...

Old April 18th 05, 02:26 AM
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Blueskies" said:
The MD 11 killed MD...

You sure it wasn't the way that the badly designed cargo door latch on the
DC-10 caused the largest aircrash in history until Tenerife?

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Today is a good day. Not because anything wonderful is happening, so
Old April 18th 05, 04:15 AM
Morgans

"Matt Whiting" wrote

The dreamliner looks pretty cool to me. And the way
fuel costs are going, the smaller more efficient machine may just be the
way of the future.

Assuming all the seats are full, (which they usually are full, or almost
full) on the long haul routes, the larger the more efficient.
--
Jim in NC

Old April 18th 05, 08:44 AM
Thomas Borchert

Martin,

hopefully they'll have a save first flight soon.

They'll wait for the pope election hype to subside, if they want
maximum PR effect.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old April 18th 05, 08:44 AM
Thomas Borchert

Dan,

Yes. My airport, Mobile Downtown, is in the running.

So what on earth are you complaining about in your "war" comments?
You'd rather want Airbus to take your view and move to some other
place? Jeeze...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old April 18th 05, 08:48 AM
G Farris

In article ,
says...

In a previous article, "Blueskies" said:
The MD 11 killed MD...

You sure it wasn't the way that the badly designed cargo door latch on the
DC-10 caused the largest aircrash in history until Tenerife?

May have been both - however the MD11 made specific promises for utility
(load and range) which it was unbable to deliver. This led to cancelled orders
and public derision (American made some public statement about returning to
Boeing "who at least know how to make an airplane"). Thus the investment in
the MD11 had no hope of being recovered.

G Faris