Looking for official procedures for flying a small aircraft (PC-6 Porter)

Old November 10th 03, 10:28 PM
My nickname is...

Default Looking for official procedures for flying a small aircraft (PC-6 Porter)

Hi all,

I'm looking for a complete, exact, correct checklist which shows me when
everything has to be done from pre-start to securing the aircraft. If
possible a checklist for the Pilatus PC-6 Porter B2-H2 (land AND amphibian,
with a Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6A-27 engine, specs. No. 583, and a Hartzell
Propeller, hub model HC-B3TN-3D and blade model T-10178 C). But another
checklist for a similar aircraft (turboprop!) would be nice too. Because I
also have general questions.

Simple questions like: when do you put the lights on (beacon, strobe,
landing, taxi) and off? But also more Porter specific things like when do
you use the Fuel Booster (only at start-up or also during take off and
landing? And if so, when exactly do you turn it on or off?)

I am not a pilot (otherwise I guess I would have known this all)!!! I'm a
flightsim nut who likes to get things as real as possible... I'm hoping
someone here can give me the info or direct me to a site which contains this
info. And no, I haven't found this info on the official Pilatus sites or
ANYWHERE else... So I'm really hoping someone here, maybe a REAL Porter
pilot, can help me! (Or maybe someone can tell me another Usenet group where
this question also could be asked, in case I'm in the wrong place...)

Cya!

Jero van Eng

Old November 10th 03, 11:10 PM
Mike Schumann

Sounds like you need to buy a Pilot Operating Handbook.

Check out http://www.esscoaircraft.com/

Mike Schumann

Old November 10th 03, 11:18 PM
Kobra

Have you looked online for the Pilot's Operating Handbook (POH)? Usually,
they can be purchased form the manufacturer for about 15 to 20 dollars
depending on the aircraft.

Kobra

Old November 11th 03, 10:56 AM
Bushy

Also, look up "beta mode thrust" where the prop is put into reverse pitch
in flight...... gives one hell of a rate of descent.....can even beat the
parachutists down!

Mind you, it may not appear in the POH.

Peter

Old November 11th 03, 11:45 PM
KG

"Bushy" wrote in message ...
Also, look up "beta mode thrust" where the prop is put into reverse pitch
in flight...... gives one hell of a rate of descent.....can even beat the
parachutists down!

Mind you, it may not appear in the POH.

Peter

Even without putting the prop into beta, if you beat the Porter down
you pulled too low. I have several dozen jumps from various Porters
and I frequently remember watching the plane pass us within a few
thousand feet of exit.