2007 OLC Error

Old October 15th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug LS4

Default 2007 OLC Error

I made a modest flight today and would like to get it on OLC.

As expected, the submission through SeeYou failed and I was directed to
another page for direct upload. The attempt to upload resulted in:

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletExceptio n: Request processing
failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException

The flight was recorded by mcu.

Any thoughts ?

Does that error suggest a problem with the file ? Or with the
processing on the receiving end ?

thanks,
Doug

Old October 15th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Doug LS4 wrote:
I made a modest flight today and would like to get it on OLC.

As expected, the submission through SeeYou failed and I was directed to
another page for direct upload. The attempt to upload resulted in:

org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletExceptio n: Request processing
failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException

The flight was recorded by mcu.

Any thoughts ?

Does that error suggest a problem with the file ? Or with the
processing on the receiving end ?

Did you use Seeyou to make a file for submission, then submit that? That
was the suggestion of the Seeyou team until they have a SeeYou patch for
the 2007 OLC ("soon").

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

"Transponders in Sailplanes" on the Soaring Safety Foundation website
www.soaringsafety.org/prevention/articles.html

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org
Old October 15th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug LS4

That did it !

It wasn't clear to me that I needed to use the "save as" option and
then submit the result. That may have been failure to read and pay
attention on my part.

Thanks for your help !

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org

Old October 16th 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Doug LS4 wrote:
That did it !

It wasn't clear to me that I needed to use the "save as" option and
then submit the result. That may have been failure to read and pay
attention on my part.

Thanks for your help !

I didn't realize that could be done in the beginning, either, but I
finally realized it was very useful when I had to use a computer without
SeeYou on it; for example, when traveling and I use a library computer.

"A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org