Club Class Nationals

Old September 21st 10, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5 ugly

Default Club Class Nationals

I support a Club Class National Contest in the US based on the list of
"Club Class" gliders and "handicaps" used at the last Club Class WGC.
Old September 21st 10, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Larry Goddard

"5 ugly" wrote in message
:

I support a Club Class National Contest in the US based on the list of
"Club Class" gliders and "handicaps" used at the last Club Class WGC.

Same for me.

Larry Goddard
Zero One USA

Old September 21st 10, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

It would sure be great to see a link to the most recent list of
"approved" club class gliders. Just wondering if my ASW-20B fits into
the list before I sound off...

Thanks,
Bruno - B4

Old September 21st 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Sep 21, 1:19*pm, 5 ugly wrote:

I support a Club Class National Contest in the US based on the list of
"Club Class" gliders and "handicaps" used at the last Club Class WGC.- Hide quoted text -

Bruno -

http://www.fai.org/gliding/system/files/handicaps.pdf

even if you don't have a glider that qualifies for club class (I
certainly don't!) it just makes sense to me that our club class team
should fly club class gliders.

Old September 21st 10, 09:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Faris

On Sep 21, 1:19*pm, 5 ugly wrote:

I support a Club Class National Contest in the US based on the list of
"Club Class" gliders and "handicaps" used at the last Club Class WGC.- Hide quoted text -

Here's a list of the IGC Club Class in 2010 that is used, I think,
everywhere but the US:
http://www.fai.org/gliding/system/files/handicaps.pdf
The list of gliders currently eligible for Club Class US world team
points noted with a "C" is:
http://www.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=6242029070
So the answer, Bruno, is your glider qualifies on both lists.
Bob Faris
Old September 21st 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pat Russell[_2_]

I support a Club Class National Contest in the US based on the list of
"Club Class" gliders and "handicaps" used at the last Club Class WGC.

I support this in general, but I have these suggestions:

1. Allow gliders that fall within the performance range of the Club
Class, exist in significant numbers in the country, and are not on the
IGC list (e.g. 1-35).

2. Use the actual IGC rules for tasking and scoring.

Every other country follows this convention (both 1 and 2, above).
Until USA does this, we will never get on the path of having a
competitive team. The Sports Class is wonderful, but it isn't the
Club Class.

The Club Class has the potential of becoming the first international
class to hold an international competition in USA.
Old September 22nd 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Sep 21, 6:55*pm, Pat Russell wrote:
I support a Club Class National Contest in the US based on the list of
"Club Class" gliders and "handicaps" used at the last Club Class WGC.

I support this in general, but I have these suggestions:

1. *Allow gliders that fall within the performance range of the Club
Class, exist in significant numbers in the country, and are not on the
IGC list (e.g. 1-35).

2. *Use the actual IGC rules for tasking and scoring.

Every other country follows this convention (both 1 and 2, above).
Until USA does this, we will never get on the path of having a
competitive team. *The Sports Class is wonderful, but it isn't the
Club Class.

The Club Class has the potential of becoming the first international
class to hold an international competition in USA.

I support. I would not fly because I no longer own a Club Class glider.
Old September 22nd 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
hotelalpha

On Sep 21, 4:47*pm, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
[...]

I agree with 5 ugly.

Sean Franke
2010 US Team - Club Class
Old September 22nd 10, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruno[_2_]

everywhere but the US:http://www.fai.org/gliding/system/files/handicaps.pdf
The list of gliders currently eligible for Club Class US world team
points noted with a "C" is:http://www.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=6242029070
So the answer, Bruno, is your glider qualifies on both lists.
Bob Faris

Thanks for the links Bob. I am also in agreement.

Bruno - B4
Old September 22nd 10, 06:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RRK

On Sep 21, 3:19*pm, 5 ugly wrote:
I support a Club Class National Contest in the US based on the list of
"Club Class" gliders and "handicaps" used at the last Club Class WGC.

If there is a Club Class National Contest, I'll buy Club Class Glider.
Richard