learning to crop images.....

Old September 26th 07, 10:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default learning to crop images.....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5615R solo vapor.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	213.6 KB
ID:	17311
Old September 27th 07, 06:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jim Morris[_3_]

"Tom Callahan" wrote in message

If you want to post the entire photograph Tom, I have more than enough
bandwidth. You live in a dream location for those of us who like military
aircraft and the Blues.
Thanks for your postings. I really like them.

Jim Morris

Old September 27th 07, 07:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Tom Callahan" wrote in
:

Attachment decoded: IMG_5615R solo vapor.jpg

Ooo!

And 'solo vapor' would be a good name for a rock band...
Old September 27th 07, 12:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Here ya go, the whole plane.
Yes, it's a dream location. We had a gaggle of F/A-18s fly through here
yesterday on their way back to Miramar from the ranges down near Key West.
I didn't even get out the camera, just watched them do the Navy break and
then scream over the house, one by one, on the way to runway 07R. We are
hoping that a full operational squadron gets assigned here soon. Rumor is
they might go to Saufley Field which is just a short ride from here. We'll
just have to wait and see what happens, Tom

"Jim Morris" wrote in message

"Tom Callahan" wrote in message

If you want to post the entire photograph Tom, I have more than enough
bandwidth. You live in a dream location for those of us who like military
aircraft and the Blues.
Thanks for your postings. I really like them.

Jim Morris

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5615 solo with vapor.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	198.3 KB
ID:	17313
Old September 27th 07, 03:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
M. W. Maddocks

On 27 Sep 2007 12:48:35 GMT, Bob Moore
wrote:

Tom Callahan wrote
We are hoping that a full operational squadron gets
assigned here soon. Rumor is they might go to Saufley
Field which is just a short ride from here.

Hmmmm...I thought that Saufley had been "Civilianized" for
non-aviation activities. Have you seen a Google Earth image
of Saufley as it looks now? Disgraceful.

I didn't think there was enough runway there.

My first Navy flight was from NAS Saufley, July 21, 1958,
T-34 number 1400726.

Mine was 15 April 1958. What preflight class were you in? I was a
Cadet in 48-57.

Of course, Mainside doesn't look much like it did back in
1958 when I spent 16 weeks there in PreFlight.

Bob Moore
PanAm (retired)

"Maddie" Maddocks
Old September 27th 07, 08:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default learning to crop images..... - 1 attachment

The attachment didn't open for me. It was just code.

People here seem to think that because Cecil Field won't reopen due to
encroachment and the way the land/buildings have been taken over by industry
that Pensacola has a chance on getting an air wing from Oceana. They say
Saufley Field can be upgraded. It would bring people and money to the
community. The politicians and chamber of commerce are in favor of it. Of
course it depends on politicians and not common logic or availability of
airspace and an airfield that can be improved upon. We'll just have to wait
and see what happens.

Crop Duster Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 1 July 21st 07 06:51 PM
Crop Duster1 Glenn[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 July 21st 07 07:46 AM
tell me about crop dusting. buttman Piloting 8 November 10th 05 07:27 AM
Crop Dusting with Helicopters [email protected] Rotorcraft 27 July 5th 05 04:55 PM
Interesting Crop Design Andrew Sarangan Piloting 17 March 3rd 05 08:34 AM