Removing Decals

Old August 12th 05, 12:08 AM
RST Engineering

Cri-cri has recips. TINY little recips. Never heard of one fitted with
anything but propellers and pistons. TINY little propellers and pistons.

Jim

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
oups.com...
Correct me if I'm wrong (which should start 200 guys salivating)
but wasn't one of the Cri-Cri airframes equipped with twin jet engines?

That thing is smaller than the BD-5...

Richard

Old August 12th 05, 12:31 AM
Richard Isakson

"RST Engineering" wrote ...
Cri-cri has recips. TINY little recips. Never heard of one fitted with
anything but propellers and pistons. TINY little propellers and pistons.

There was one flown using two of those little model airplane jet engines.

Rich

Old August 12th 05, 12:38 AM
Montblack

("Richard Isakson" wrote)
Cri-cri has recips. TINY little recips. Never heard of one fitted with
anything but propellers and pistons. TINY little propellers and pistons.

There was one flown using two of those little model airplane jet engines.

http://www.flight.cz/cricri/english/...s-pictures.php
Cri-Cri jet engine pics

Montblack

Old August 12th 05, 01:16 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Montblack says...

("Richard Isakson" wrote)
Cri-cri has recips. TINY little recips. Never heard of one fitted with
anything but propellers and pistons. TINY little propellers and pistons.

There was one flown using two of those little model airplane jet engines.

http://www.flight.cz/cricri/english/...s-pictures.php
Cri-Cri jet engine pics

I think that settles it the Cri Cri should be the smallest jet . Proof positive
that jaun is as big a phony as zoom LOL!!!

See ya

Chuck (worlds tallest midget) S

Old August 12th 05, 01:44 AM

Just looked the record up in the online edition and Yaun is listed as
the owner of the worlds smallest jet. Maybe we should let the Guinness
people know that there were others that have owned and flown BD-5J's
long before he ever bought his....

Old August 12th 05, 07:20 AM
Montblack

("Richard Riley" wrote)
I think his claim is based on his using a version of the engine
without a starter/generator, so it's *lighter* than everyone elses at
162 kg. The jet CriCri says it's 170 kg.

http://www.flight.cz/cricri/english/index.php
This page (bottom) says 63 kg and 75 kg ...for the twin prop versions.

They list "Weight at take-off" as "170 kg," which is... 70 kg (Cri-Cri) +
100 kg (220 lbs for pilot and fuel)

Also this quote: "Whole fuselage weight is about 14 kilograms."

Montblack

Old August 12th 05, 07:45 PM
Montblack

("Richard Riley" wrote)
[snip]
But at less than half the weight of the Juan Dart, I think the CriCri
wins hans down. Along with that "actually flying" thing.

Somewhere out there are photos of two Cri-Cri doing a ballet type acrobatic
routine at OSH - many, many years ago. These were the homebuilts with the
chain-saw engines, not the one with the twin Pratt & Wnitney's.

"Is Cri plural for Cri-Cri?"

Thank you. Steven Wright will be performing at LMAO all next week. Again,
thank you and good-night. :-)

Montblack

Old September 2nd 05, 10:34 PM
Juan Jimenez

"Richard Lamb" wrote in message
oups.com...
Correct me if I'm wrong (which should start 200 guys salivating)
but wasn't one of the Cri-Cri airframes equipped with twin jet engines?

That thing is smaller than the BD-5...

No, it is not. The Cri-Cri fuselage is longer than the BD-5J, by several
inches.