Concorde - join the campaign

Old June 9th 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Concorde - join the campaign

Only in the song "Montego Bay".

Vernon will meet you when the BOAC lands,
Keys to the MG will be in his hands.
Adjust to the driving and you're on your way,
It's all on the right side in ..

"JD" wrote in message
FatKat wrote:

Paul Tomblin wrote:
In a previous article, "kenny" said:
Retiring "speed bird" (aka Concorde), only gave me bragging rights

"Speedbird" isn't the nickname for Concorde, it's the nickname for
British Airways. Remember the old BOAC logo was a stylized bird -
that's
why BA is always "Speedbird" on the air.

I remember when I first heard of BOAC - I saw it in an old school
library book about the development of SST's. There was a picture of a
concorde mock-up with BOAC markings. It was still a few years before I
found out what BOAC stood for. Was it ever pronounced as a single
word? Did it rhyme with "Coke"? The pictures seem so dated now,
especially ironic for the Concorde - like 1960's TWA livery on the 7E7.

No - always Bee Oh Ay See. The modern successor to Imperial Airways when
the
word "imperial" became unfashionable, about the time the British Empire
became the Commonwealth of Nations.
JD