I would like to find a place to volunteer my time

Old August 18th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Default I would like to find a place to volunteer my time

Steve Foley wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
RST Engineering wrote:
In my neck of the woods, if you can rassle a 50 pound bag of charcoal

and
stand sweating over a hot grill for two hours flipping pancakes, it

matters
little what optional equipment you have on board your body.

Jim

See, that's not aviation related to me and doesn't interest me in the
slightest.

I guess you better tell your EAA to cancel their next pancake breakfast and
cookout, because it's not aviation related, and doesn't interest you.

I was speaking for myself. I'm sorry if you couldn't figure that out.
Old August 20th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Grumman-581[_1_]

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 01:12:54 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
wrote:
but I'm a sexist pig.

Oink, oink, dammit...
Old August 20th 06, 10:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

You cut out the desire to associate with more quality women
pilots.

"Grumman-581" wrote
in message

Old August 21st 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
jmk

dani wrote:
I want to know if anyone can help me find a way to volunteer my time at
an air show some where in or around Minneapolis, Minnesota. I know we
are coming to the end of summer and as far as I know October is the
latest we have them in Minnesota. I am also open to any other ideas of
how to volunteer my time within this industry.

Go to http://www.angelflightamerica.org/De...aspx?tabid=163 and
click the Minnesota state on the map. That will take you to Angel
Flight Central and the options to volunteer as a pilot, or to help with
ground transportation, or any of the many other tasks that a volunteer
organization always needs so badly.

You may not see as many aircraft as at an air show, but you will meet
some great folks doing a lot of good.

Old August 22nd 06, 09:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley[_1_]

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..

Jim
See, that's not aviation related to me and doesn't interest me in the
slightest.

I guess you better tell your EAA to cancel their next pancake breakfast

and
cookout, because it's not aviation related, and doesn't interest you.

I was speaking for myself. I'm sorry if you couldn't figure that out.

The original poster (along with the subject of this thread) is discussing
volunteering.

Jim rightly pointed out that sex doesn't matter much for the jobs you'll
most likely be assigned for a new volunteer. You responded that you wouldn't
be interested because it's not aviation related.

I'm really not sure why you're posting to this thread at all.

Old August 23rd 06, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Steve Foley wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
. ..

Jim
See, that's not aviation related to me and doesn't interest me in the
slightest.
I guess you better tell your EAA to cancel their next pancake breakfast

and
cookout, because it's not aviation related, and doesn't interest you.

I was speaking for myself. I'm sorry if you couldn't figure that out.

The original poster (along with the subject of this thread) is discussing
volunteering.

Jim rightly pointed out that sex doesn't matter much for the jobs you'll
most likely be assigned for a new volunteer. You responded that you wouldn't
be interested because it's not aviation related.

I'm really not sure why you're posting to this thread at all.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that there were rules as to who could post in
a thread.
Old August 23rd 06, 08:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Steve Foley wrote:
I'm really not sure why you're posting to this thread at all.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that there were rules as to who could post in a
thread.

No one said there are. But the lack of rules doesn't mean that it is always
obvious what point someone might have, or why they might bother making a
comment that they make.

If you are happy just posting into the ether, without concern as to whether
anyone is actually reading, or comprehends what you write or why, then the
lack of any obvious point on your part is not a problem at all. Don't worry
about it.

Pete

Old August 25th 06, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Steve Foley wrote:
I'm really not sure why you're posting to this thread at all.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that there were rules as to who could post in a
thread.

No one said there are. But the lack of rules doesn't mean that it is always
obvious what point someone might have, or why they might bother making a
comment that they make.

If you are happy just posting into the ether, without concern as to whether
anyone is actually reading, or comprehends what you write or why, then the
lack of any obvious point on your part is not a problem at all. Don't worry
about it.

Like I'm the first person ever to post without a point. Please.
Old August 25th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Like I'm the first person ever to post without a point. Please.

Whether you were or not, that doesn't change how some (such as the Steve
Foley to whom you replied) might not be "sure why you're posting to this
thread at all".

Old August 25th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Peter Duniho wrote:
"Emily" wrote in message
. ..
Like I'm the first person ever to post without a point. Please.

Whether you were or not, that doesn't change how some (such as the Steve
Foley to whom you replied) might not be "sure why you're posting to this
thread at all".

I can post wherever I want. A thought came to mind, and I posted it.
So sue me.