Evercoat Rage Ultra Extra 20-30 minute working time

Old January 14th 16, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Evercoat Rage Ultra Extra 20-30 minute working time

On Wednesday, January 6, 2016 at 9:47:58 PM UTC-5, wrote:
If you have been frustrated by body fillers that give you 3 minutes (or less) working time, evercoat has some new stuff out that has a working time between 20 and 30 minutes. It's called Rage Ultra Extra. It's new stuff, and it's still hard to find. I had to call evercoat, who gave me the name of a jobbers warehouse they had shipped some to. Then I called my paint store who called the warehouse. It took a few days, but I'm happy with the stuff.

It sure is better than having to mix up small small batches every 5 minutes.

We use Rage Extreme which we like because we get no pinholes and it sands well.
Working time is about 10 minutes which is just fine. Most of the time really fast curing is due to too much catalyst so backing off a little buys working time.
FWIW
UH
Old January 14th 16, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Sounds like RAGE comes in several curing times, I cut back on the hardener (too much) and it cured, but loaded up the sandpaper! The Pronto Kombi Putty label says 10 to 15 minutes at room temp...........its brown in color, so no only good for refinishing, anyone know of a good white putty?
JJ
Old January 17th 16, 04:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Did you get the white hardener for the Rage from evercoat? Or is it some other brand?

John
Old January 17th 16, 02:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, January 16, 2016 at 11:53:03 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Did you get the white hardener for the Rage from evercoat? Or is it some other brand?

John

White hardener comes from TCP Global in San Diego - their item FIB 340.
Good Luck
UH
Old January 17th 16, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Also available from West Marine. Just picked up a tube the other day.
Old January 17th 16, 06:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 12:49:48 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
Also available from West Marine. Just picked up a tube the other day.

It that where "Admirals" buy their stuff, at least, maybe it should be...?
;-)
Old January 17th 16, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

I noticed that their Firberglass Repair section was flying he Admiral Nixon colors. Coincidence?
Old January 18th 16, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Sunday, January 17, 2016 at 6:10:46 PM UTC-5, Papa3 wrote:
I noticed that their Firberglass Repair section was flying he Admiral Nixon colors. Coincidence?

Who knows, maybe they have a sponsorship deal going?

OK, enough of the OT stuff, let's try to keep it serious (even though I derailed it...... sorry..... sorta....).

Evercoat Rage Ultra Extra 20-30 minute working time [email protected] Soaring 3 January 14th 16 12:31 AM
Cockpit Rage birdog Piloting 1 July 14th 06 02:06 AM
Rage Battery Sale [email protected] Soaring 0 April 7th 05 09:05 PM
Rage Battery Sale [email protected] Soaring 0 April 7th 05 09:05 PM
the complete minute by minute timeline on 911 Krztalizer Military Aviation 27 January 27th 04 04:35 PM