Question for Oudie users

Old September 6th 12, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Question for Oudie users

Given a NANO attached to an Oudie. Can you move the IGC file to the Oudie and then Bluetooth same file to a telephone?
Old September 7th 12, 03:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

On Thursday, September 6, 2012 5:12:56 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
Given a NANO attached to an Oudie. Can you move the IGC file to the Oudie and then Bluetooth same file to a telephone?

I use the android app nanoconfig. This gives you complete access to Nano igc library and then from my phone, often before opening the canopy after a flight is complete, I upload my flight to OLC via my cell phone.

Hope that helps. Not sure about the Oudie method, but in my process it is not necessary to use the Oudie to get files from the Nano to the Android smart phone.
Old September 7th 12, 09:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Agree with Sean. Download your IGC files to your Smartphone directly from Nano by using the Nano Config app:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...nav.nanoconfig

With the latest version of Nano Config you can also upload your files to the SeeYou Cloud (automatically) which means that the file will already be waiting for you on your PC when you get home:
http://tinyurl.com/seeyou43

Cheers,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old September 7th 12, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JohnDeRosa

Another good place to ask Oudie specific questions (and hopefully find answers) is http://forum.naviter.com.
Old September 7th 12, 04:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

On Thursday, September 6, 2012 10:12:56 PM UTC+1, (unknown) wrote:
Given a NANO attached to an Oudie. Can you move the IGC file to the Oudie and then Bluetooth same file to a telephone?

No. As I understand it, you cannot use the Oudie BT for file transfer.
Old September 7th 12, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

The Nano was updated a few months ago to make serial transfers of flight
logs available.

LXNAV has an app that runs on android devices that can transfer flight logs.

So far, ConnectMe from Naviter has not been updated to enable flight logs to
be transferred from the Nano to a PDA or Oudie. It is on their list of
things to do. I'm sure it will work eventually, but I don't know when. I
hope it will be soon.

Of course, it is very easy to bring the Nano home and connect it to a PC.
It looks like a flash drive to the PC.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old September 7th 12, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter von Tresckow

Andrej, I like the new iPhone logger app you built, and this thread got me
to thinking. How difficult would it be to upload the .igc file from that to
the OLC?

Peter

Old September 13th 12, 09:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tobias Bieniek

very difficult unfortunatly since the OLC is a closed-up platform. they simply don't allow file uploads from external applications, possibly because then you wouldn't see all the ads on their page...
Old September 13th 12, 01:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Not possible now from the iPhone (also because of Apple not just because of the OLC). Bud do feel free to talk to OLC and tell them that you would really like that... We would too. It was there before and there are no technical reasons why it would not be possible again.

Cheers,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old September 13th 12, 02:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

On Sep 13, 5:45*am, wrote:
Not possible now from the iPhone (also because of Apple not just because of the OLC). Bud do feel free to talk to OLC and tell them that you would really like that... We would too. It was there before and there are no technical reasons why it would not be possible again.

Cheers,
Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots usehttp://www.Naviter.com

On Friday, September 7, 2012 9:35:32 PM UTC+2, vontresc wrote:
Andrej, I like the new iPhone logger app you built, and this thread got me

to thinking. How difficult would it be to upload the .igc file from that to

the OLC?

Peter- Hide quoted text -

I used the Glide Path app the other day and it worked to directly
upload to OLC from my iPhone.

Dan

Oudie fredblair Soaring 0 June 13th 12 06:56 PM
Oudie Steve Hunt Soaring 2 July 8th 11 12:19 AM
oudie Steve Hunt[_2_] Soaring 0 July 7th 11 08:58 AM
Oudie - ConnectMe question [email protected] Soaring 9 August 9th 10 04:18 PM