Tonopah

Old October 24th 03, 03:31 AM
C.Fleming

Default Tonopah

What's the official status on the future of Tonopah, NV?

Old October 24th 03, 04:00 AM
CO2ID

Tonopah has a future
Old October 24th 03, 04:26 AM
Pete Brown

CO2ID wrote:
Tonopah has a future

You must be kidding. Have you been there recently?

--

Peter D. Brown
http://home.gci.net/~pdb/

Old October 24th 03, 05:40 AM
BTIZ

that is a very open ended question... perhaps better asked to the County
Administration or the town fathers in the city of Tonopah..

It attacks glider pilots every season.. you just need to arrange your own
tow plane.. club safaris are great.. I have not heard of it being closed..

What have you heard?

BT

Old October 24th 03, 05:41 AM
BTIZ

"BTIZ" wrote in message
that is a very open ended question... perhaps better asked to the County
Administration or the town fathers in the city of Tonopah..

It attacks glider pilots every season.. you just need to arrange your own
tow plane.. club safaris are great.. I have not heard of it being closed..

What have you heard?

BT

I hate spell cehckers... Attacks = atracks

BT

Old October 24th 03, 06:08 AM
John Morgan

"BTIZ" wrote in message news:g42mb.73805

I hate spell cehckers... Attacks = atracks

BT

I don't much like 'em either . . . atracks = attracts?

--
bumper - ZZ
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

---

Old October 31st 03, 06:21 AM
VentusDriver

Tonopah is very much alive, though tows are no longer available. We
had a great safari there this summer (03) and the city fathers would
love to see more events.

Jim Norris

Old October 31st 03, 01:17 PM
Chris OCallaghan

Jim,

I'd return for another nationals in a heartbeat. Finding crew might be
a challenge, but the flying is hard to beat.

OC