Avgas is cheap

Old February 26th 04, 11:30 PM
John Galban

Default Avgas is cheap

I took a day off today to spend some quality time with my airplane.
On the way to the airport I stopped to fill up my truck with $2.05/gal
unleaded. I got to the airport and topped off the plane with
$2.06/gal 100LL. What's wrong with this picture? Kinda makes that
expensive autogas STC in my plane look rather silly.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)
Old February 27th 04, 12:52 AM
Ronald Gardner

Kinda makes me wonder about what I was taught about refining. The better
the gas (avgas) the more it cost. However I guess you then need to factor
in the supply and demand quotient and with less GA flying and more and
more auto mileage I guess you get to a point where the prices will equal,
and this summer they are saying will actually go the other way. I
remember when I bought avgas for my '69 Hurst Olds because it needed it to
run right, not because it was cheap. Guess I may start driving it more.

Ron Gardner

Old February 27th 04, 01:21 AM
G.R. Patterson III

John Galban wrote:

What's wrong with this picture?

You're just living in the wrong area. I just filled my truck today with $1.69
mogas. I filled my plane last week with $2.60 avgas.

Feel better now?

George Patterson
A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you look forward to the trip.
Old February 27th 04, 01:32 AM
john smith

Ronald Gardner wrote:
Kinda makes me wonder about what I was taught about refining. The better
the gas (avgas) the more it cost. However I guess you then need to factor
in the supply and demand quotient and with less GA flying and more and
more auto mileage I guess you get to a point where the prices will equal,
and this summer they are saying will actually go the other way. I
remember when I bought avgas for my '69 Hurst Olds because it needed it to
run right, not because it was cheap. Guess I may start driving it more.

OPEC is reducing production in April.

Old February 27th 04, 01:34 AM
mikem

Mid-grade Unleaded in SLC is $1.67; 100LL at SLCIA is $2.97

MikeM

Old February 27th 04, 02:02 AM
BTIZ

last I checked.. avgas (100LL) at the local self serve pump was $2.54 a
gal.. and that was before auto gas jumped from $1.80 to $2.04. We'll see
what the local avgas pump says this weekend.

BT

om...

Old February 27th 04, 03:16 AM
Peter Duniho

"John Galban" wrote in message
om...
I took a day off today to spend some quality time with my airplane.
On the way to the airport I stopped to fill up my truck with $2.05/gal
unleaded. I got to the airport and topped off the plane with
$2.06/gal 100LL. What's wrong with this picture? Kinda makes that
expensive autogas STC in my plane look rather silly.

Like the others said, you're just buying gas (both kinds) in the wrong
place.

Around here, I'm paying about $1.60+/gal for regular unleaded, and $3.50/gal
(that's no typo...three dollars, fifty cents) for 100LL.

Actually, the $3.50/gal was a bit of a shock...highest it'd been before was
about $2.90/gal and normally it's been lower. I had just gotten back from
being out of town for over a month, and hadn't bought 100LL in awhile. It's
time for me to start looking for better prices, even if they are at other
airports; I don't usually sweat too much over fuel prices for the plane,
since the gas is the least of my expenses, but especially after seeing what
others are paying, I'm just plain offended that's what gas costs at my
airport (KPAE in Everett, WA).

Pete

Old February 27th 04, 04:09 AM
Mike Rapoport

A lot of FBOs only change their prices when they get a new load of fuel.
The price will probably be going up significantly when they do.

Mike
MU-2

Old February 27th 04, 06:43 AM
Teacherjh

Mid-grade Unleaded in SLC is $1.67

Mid grade is a tax on people who are bad at math.

Jose

Old February 27th 04, 06:50 AM
Mark Mallory

Peter Duniho wrote:
Around here, I'm paying about $1.60+/gal for regular unleaded, and $3.50/gal
(that's no typo...three dollars, fifty cents) for 100LL.

Not quite. Self-serve 100LL at PAE is $2.999, as of 8 pm this evening (2/26);
hasn't changed in at least two weeks.

Actually, the $3.50/gal was a bit of a shock...highest it'd been before was
about $2.90/gal and normally it's been lower. I had just gotten back from
being out of town for over a month, and hadn't bought 100LL in awhile. It's
time for me to start looking for better prices, even if they are at other
airports;

Best I've found in the Puget Sound area is at 0S9 (Port Townsend): $2.559 as of
last monday (2/23).

I don't usually sweat too much over fuel prices for the plane,
since the gas is the least of my expenses,

Least of your expenses? Only if you hardly ever fly. (Perhaps if you logged a
bit more time in your airplane, and a bit less on your keyboard?...

cheap avgas Dan Luke Owning 10 December 24th 04 05:15 AM
Simple & Cheap Tricks for your plane Jay Honeck Owning 79 April 21st 04 02:46 PM
Things wanted cheap MRQB Owning 0 March 18th 04 01:28 AM
us air force us air force academy us air force bases air force museum us us air force rank us air force reserve adfunk Jehad Internet Military Aviation 0 February 7th 04 05:24 AM
Cheap IFR GPS (M3 approach ?) advice Martin Kosina Owning 9 January 25th 04 02:31 AM