GlideTrack App - Valid OLC File?

Old October 31st 14, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
V1[_4_]

Default GlideTrack App - Valid OLC File?

I've read the information on the Glideport.aero web site, and the SSA magazine August 2014 article on the GlideTrack phone app. One thing I didn't see was whether the flight log sent to the GlidePort.aero website can be downloaded as a IGC file that is valid for use with OLC (either as Green or Blue level of OLC "IGC-file" status). I'm still waiting for the Android version of the app to be available, so can't test it yet myself.

I'm assuming the GlideTrack-generated data is not yet an approved OLC source, but has anyone tried this, or read any documentation about it?
- Frank
Old October 31st 14, 04:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kiwiindenver

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 8:14:32 PM UTC-6, V1 wrote:
I've read the information on the Glideport.aero web site, and the SSA magazine August 2014 article on the GlideTrack phone app. One thing I didn't see was whether the flight log sent to the GlidePort.aero website can be downloaded as a IGC file that is valid for use with OLC (either as Green or Blue level of OLC "IGC-file" status). I'm still waiting for the Android version of the app to be available, so can't test it yet myself.

I'm assuming the GlideTrack-generated data is not yet an approved OLC source, but has anyone tried this, or read any documentation about it?
- Frank

FYI GlideTrack current does have a test android version of the app. see http://glideport.aero/blog. I believe this is the iPhone app recompiled for Android.

To my knowledge, these IGC files do NOT have the GRecords needed for them to be valided by OLC.

I'm working on a new android specific app that, I hope, will do a better job. Send me a private email if you are interesting in helping me test this app.

Alan
Old November 2nd 14, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I downloaded the Glidetrack Android app a while ago(not in the Play store needs to be done manually.) tried it out for the first time yesterday on two flights and it did not work. Hit start before launching and stop when landing. IGC browser could not find any files from the day. Same phone works fine with the Seeyou recorder app. I won't discount operator error but I'll wait to hear success stories before trying again.
Old November 2nd 14, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kiwiindenver

You need to set your phone so it stays on and doesn't time out. That is part of being not specially coded for android and why it is described as test software.

The solution is coming soon. Pedja's GlidePort system is an asset to us all!

Alan