Desktop Application With WAAS LPV Approaches?

Old May 29th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Will[_2_]

Default Desktop Application With WAAS LPV Approaches?

Is there any desktop application that runs as a GUI under Windows that would
give me a database of the newer WAAS GPS approaches (e.g., LNAV + V, LPV,
etc)? I do NOT need currency on this. A one time snapshot that I could
update maybe once a year would be fine. I definitely do not want the
expense of a Jeppesen subscription.

If this is not available via a GUI, is it available via the Web?

I'm using this data for simulator training on a WAAS unit, so out of date
charts are perfectly okay.

--
Will

Old May 29th 07, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jose

A one time snapshot that I could
update maybe once a year would be fine. I definitely do not want the
expense of a Jeppesen subscription.

Try contacting Jepp for a sample disk. They have all the approaches on
a disk you can subscribe to; they will send a sample (maybe outdated,
maybe even current) if you ask.

Jose
--
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that just want to
know what button to push, and those that want to know what happens when
Old May 29th 07, 04:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 5/29/2007 12:49:40 AM, "Will" wrote:

Is there any desktop application that runs as a GUI under Windows that
would give me a database of the newer WAAS GPS approaches (e.g., LNAV + V,
LPV, etc)? I do NOT need currency on this.

Here is an MS Excel spreadsheet provided by the FAA and updated routinely:

http://gps.faa.gov/Library/Data/LPVs_051007.xls

As far as a GUI under Windows, you could create your own using MySQL (a free,
open source database management system) by loading this Excel spreadsheet
into a MySQL table, then create reports against this table.

--
Peter