LS1-f neo

Old March 7th 17, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Hill[_3_]

Default LS1-f neo

On 07/03/2017 07:44, Alex wrote:
Basically it is just the new Dillinger winglets. Retrofitting the LS1 wing root fairing has been common in the past, but now it is going top be an official mod.

It is rumored that after LS8 and LS1f the LS4 will be next in line for a neo update.

DG are taking options for neo winglets for the LS4. If they get 10 they
will do the work to do the design work and put into production.

--

Nick Hill
Old March 7th 17, 04:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 17:10:00 UTC+2, wrote:
Think of how popular the World Class would have been if the LS-1 and Std. Cirrus had been selected and updated like this. Would have saved a bunch of development cost.

What you decribe is called club class.
Old March 7th 17, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Tue, 07 Mar 2017 08:50:47 -0800, krasw wrote:

On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 17:10:00 UTC+2, wrote:
Think of how popular the World Class would have been if the LS-1 and
Std. Cirrus had been selected and updated like this. Would have saved a
bunch of development cost.

What you decribe is called club class.

No, he meant 'World Class' - the class that heaved & strained and laid
the PW-5 egg.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK
Old March 7th 17, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 6, 2017 at 2:24:46 PM UTC-6, wrote:
This one caught me by surprise: DG announced the LS1-f neo on St. Valentine's Day, 14 FEB 2017.

http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/dg-a...o-fliegt/14428

Is this all new?
Fiberglass?
Carbon Fiber?
Other?

New, or rebuilt old LS1-f?

Why?

Maybe Alexander Schleicher will start building ASW-20's again?

Ray
LS1-d

Ray, my take on this is DG having plenty of open capacity for modifications of the older LS gliders. Due to the horrendous reaction on them demanding service contracts, sales of new DG and LS gliders must have plummeted. Oh the marketing geniuses at work, lead by Friedel Weber and his minions. Anyone knows how the business is doing?
Herb
Old March 7th 17, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris

Ray, my take on this is DG having plenty of open capacity for modifications of the older LS gliders. Due to the horrendous reaction on them demanding service contracts, sales of new DG and LS gliders must have plummeted. Oh the marketing geniuses at work, lead by Friedel Weber and his minions. Anyone knows how the business is doing?
Herb

Only pre 1996 gliders are affected by service cotracts. I don't see how that impacts new glider sales at all.
http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/main...etails-service
Old March 7th 17, 07:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

On Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 11:31:49 AM UTC-8, Chris wrote:
Ray, my take on this is DG having plenty of open capacity for modifications of the older LS gliders. Due to the horrendous reaction on them demanding service contracts, sales of new DG and LS gliders must have plummeted. Oh the marketing geniuses at work, lead by Friedel Weber and his minions. Anyone knows how the business is doing?
Herb

Only pre 1996 gliders are affected by service cotracts. I don't see how that impacts new glider sales at all.
http://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/en/main...etails-service

I've seen the Dillinger tips for LS8. They look like other modern winglets now. Very nice!
The LS1f is a great Club Class glider. Since the class is handicapped, what will the Dillinger mod do to that? A nicer looking glider that performs better and has a handicap to suit?
With the World Class glider, I believe you weren't even allowed to tape over the horrific hole in the elevator. Add winglets? Not likely.
Agree with Herb. Unfortunately Herr Weber damaged the brand loyalty they picked up Rolladen-Schneider for.
Jim
Old March 7th 17, 09:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

You're wrong. Any glider not made by DG is subject to the tax. Thus DG demands the ransom for my 2000 LS8-18 manufactured by Rolladen-Schneider. I'll let you guess if I'd buy a glider from DG...

-John, Q3

-

Old March 7th 17, 09:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Before Herr Weber purchase DG they were going bankrupt, now they are not. Rolladen-Schneider went bankrupt, now you can buy a brand new LS-8 and the older LS are still supported. Whether you have a DG, LS or not, all glider pilots should be happy that Mr. Weber saved the work of two manufacturers from extinction, helps the sport in general. Now they have a very nice LS-1f to lend to a jr pilot. That too helps our sport.

By way of full disclosure, I do not own nor have ever owned a LS or DG glider.

Old March 7th 17, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Justin Couch

On Tuesday, 7 March 2017 21:04:20 UTC+11, krasw wrote:

Also LS6-c, I think LS8 neo winglets fit right away without mods. That LS1-f sure is modern looking glider with new winglets.

That's correct. Deciding whether to buy them for my 6-c right now. I like flying with the 17.5 tips though, so if they came out with a retro fit for the long tips that brought it up to the 18m like the -W I'd be all over it like a rash.
Old March 7th 17, 09:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

A reasonable point, if you have no skin in the game. If you do, you might not appreciate the taste of the KoolAid you're promoting.

-John, Q3