Salida, CO flying this summer?

Old March 22nd 19, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Caldwell (BC)

Default Salida, CO flying this summer?

On Thursday, March 21, 2019 at 11:18:17 AM UTC-6, Ramy wrote:
This was an interesting day...It was only 5 years ago I think. We are still young
There is a chance I may be interested in Salida as well for few days in the beginning of July.

Ramy

Hi Guys,

As you know Salida is a great place to fly. But we can have significant monsoon flows later in the summer. So be aware that the later in the summer you are there, the more chance you have for tough flying with early OD and T'storms. Good days certainly happen but it can be pretty wet. September usually is drying out and we have some great fall days.

Bob

Bob
Old March 22nd 19, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 3/21/19 11:18 AM, Ramy wrote:
This was an interesting day...It was only 5 years ago I think. We are still young
There is a chance I may be interested in Salida as well for few days in the beginning of July.

Ramy

Also, the towpilot lives about 50 miles away and flies in to do tows.
He also has a real job, on-call flying for an air ambulance. You can
probably work something out with him, but it's misleading to say there's
a towplane based there.
Old March 23rd 19, 02:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Monday, March 18, 2019 at 5:46:57 AM UTC-6, joesimmers wrote:
Any glider flying camps, groups etc. in Salida this summer?

Thanks for any info, Joe

The Soaring Society of Boulder used to have a camp there every Labor Day weekend. Last year they did it a week earlier, and are likely to go there again this year.

Ted Frost