New JSOW Variant For Anti-Ship Work

Old May 29th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval

Default New JSOW Variant For Anti-Ship Work

See:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/New_...rgets_999.html

Old May 29th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Pat Flannery

wrote:
See:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/New_...rgets_999.html

You can already do that with a air-launched Harpoon:
http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-84.html
I take it the stealth is the selling point?

Pat
Old May 29th 07, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval

On May 28, 8:38 pm, Pat Flannery wrote:
wrote:
See:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/New_...t_Standoff_Wea...

You can already do that with a air-launched Harpoon:http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-84.html
I take it the stealth is the selling point?

Pat

Well, it should have good IR stealth, since it's a glide weapon. I'm
not
sure how radar-stealthy it is compared to the latest models of Harpoon
or SLAM-ER though.

Old May 30th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Harry Andreas

In article , wrote:

wrote:
See:

http://www.spacewar.com/reports/New_...rgets_999.html

You can already do that with a air-launched Harpoon:
http://www.designation-systems.net/dusrm/m-84.html
I take it the stealth is the selling point?

I think there are a lot more warhead options with JSOW,
plus it's probably cheaper and more reliable since the
guidance package is simpler.

--
Harry Andreas
Engineering raconteur