They call it the impossible turn.

Old February 15th 10, 06:58 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

Default They call it the impossible turn.

Dave Doe wrote:

Then many pilots must not be training enough, because they misjudge that
point all the time.

You'll have to prove that assertion. Your claim is not near enough.

You'll note I've asked him four times. Clearly, he can not.

Agreeing with 'Copter6' - treating him as a troll and ignoring all
future posts from him.

Hmmm...folks who need to ask for proof that people misjudge their
capability of making the airport on a departure engine failure have not
been watching the fatality stats...

Brian W
Old February 15th 10, 09:02 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Clark writes:

You'll have to prove that assertation. Your claim is not near enough.

Not near enough for what? I suggest that the curious reader do his own
research; I hardly expect him to just take me at my word.
Old February 15th 10, 09:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Jim Logajan writes:

You admit your opinion is uninformed, yet you post it anyway.

If uninformed opinions were forbidden in cyberspace, you'd hear only the
crickets.

When uninformed, the rational thing to do is to either ask what the best
practices are or research them, not invent assertions and then draw
conclusions from said assertions.

When off topic, the rational thing to do is to return to the topic.

The topic here is attempting to turn back to the airport after a total engine
failure on take-off in a powered airplane.
Old February 15th 10, 09:36 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

In article , betwys1
@sbcglobal.net says...

Dave Doe wrote:

Then many pilots must not be training enough, because they misjudge that
point all the time.

You'll have to prove that assertion. Your claim is not near enough.

You'll note I've asked him four times. Clearly, he can not.

Agreeing with 'Copter6' - treating him as a troll and ignoring all
future posts from him.

Hmmm...folks who need to ask for proof that people misjudge their
capability of making the airport on a departure engine failure have not
been watching the fatality stats...

Well... *what are they*? The fatality stats are easy. How about the
non-fatals - the sucess stories.

Cos that's what I'm asking for: the FLWOP on t/o stats - sucessful vs
non-sucessful.

--
Duncan.
Old February 15th 10, 09:58 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
John Smith

On 15.02.10 09:36 Dave Doe wrote:
Hmmm...folks who need to ask for proof that people misjudge their
capability of making the airport on a departure engine failure have not
been watching the fatality stats...

Well... *what are they*? The fatality stats are easy. How about the
non-fatals - the sucess stories.

Cos that's what I'm asking for: the FLWOP on t/o stats - sucessful vs
non-sucessful.

Well... MX is a troll, but he is right when he concludes that the
average pilot is too poorly trained to make a safe 180 after an engine
failure. The accidents are obvious.

If you claim that there have been as many successful 180, then it's up
to *you* to prove that.

It's always fascinating that people are so focused on MX being a troll
that they even refuse to accept his statements when he claims something
that is actually true. I hope your judgement as a pilot is better.
Old February 15th 10, 10:11 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Dave Doe

In article ,
ple says...

[...]

Please read a bit more carefully! (though I do note the thread has
changed a bit)...

"
Cos that's what I'm asking for: the FLWOP on t/o stats - sucessful vs
non-sucessful.
"

I assume, as I'm sure most would, that most sucessful FLWOP on T/O are
ahead of the RWY (ie no turning back to the field). But regardless of
that, I also believe that the majority of FLWOP on T/O are sucessful
ones.

--
Duncan.
Old February 15th 10, 10:59 AM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dave Doe writes:

Well... *what are they*? The fatality stats are easy. How about the
non-fatals - the sucess stories.

What about them? They are vastly outnumbered by incidents that result in
fatalities. When something is fatal most of the time, it is best avoided.