Mentally unstable airline pilot forcibly removed from flight deck

Old November 22nd 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Mentally unstable airline pilot forcibly removed from flight deck

Beauciphus writes:

Yet you use an incorrect procedure for getting the altimeter setting at the
destination field.

What is the correct procedure, then?

In simulation, you can press B to get the current altimeter setting. Offline,
you can listen to the ATIS of the nearest field. Online, you can ask ATC or
check the current ATIS or METAR of the nearest field.

For the destination field, you can tune the ATIS if it's within range and you
are offline (sometimes online also), or you can ask ATC, or you can check the
current METAR (online).
Old November 22nd 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
Beauciphus writes:

Yet you use an incorrect procedure for getting the altimeter setting at the
destination field.

What is the correct procedure, then?

In simulation, you can press B to get the current altimeter setting.

I looked all over my airplane and couldn't find a "B" to press, so then
I looked in some other airplanes; no "B" in any of them.

I guess at my next annual I'll have to have a "B" installed.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old November 22nd 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

Anthony wrote and was quoted :
Fortunately, I landed uneventfully, even with the wind
behind me (flying a pattern in the darkness didn't appeal to me, and
the runway is long enough)."

Well pointed out Terry.
It seems that sims have different laws than we ordinary pilots who fly
real aeroplanes
Old November 22nd 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george

wrote:

I looked all over my airplane and couldn't find a "B" to press, so then
I looked in some other airplanes; no "B" in any of them.

I guess at my next annual I'll have to have a "B" installed.

He probably means the BS button and its been used so often by him the
S is worn off
Old November 22nd 08, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

george writes:

It seems that sims have different laws than we ordinary pilots who fly
real aeroplanes

Where is the difference, in this case?
Old November 22nd 08, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Beauciphus

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Beauciphus writes:

In simulation, you can press B to get the current altimeter setting.
Offline,
you can listen to the ATIS of the nearest field. Online, you can ask ATC
or
check the current ATIS or METAR of the nearest field.

For the destination field, you can tune the ATIS if it's within range and
you
are offline (sometimes online also), or you can ask ATC, or you can check
the
current METAR (online).

None of the simulators I've used have a B button or online or offline mode.
It sounds like you're describibg a video game.

Old November 22nd 08, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Beauciphus writes:

None of the simulators I've used have a B button or online or offline mode.

The buttons on many simulators are in front of the instructor, not the pilot.
Desktop sims don't have an instructor, so the pilot handles everything.

Online and offline modes refer to live connections to flight simulation
networks, a standard feature on modern desktop simulators. The main advantage
of networks for simming is that you can get realistic ATC from real people.

It sounds like you're describibg a video game.

I don't know of any video games that have features like this. Then again, I
have little experience with video games.
Old November 23rd 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Beauciphus

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

I don't know of any video games that have features like this. Then again,
have little experience with video games.

It sounds to me like you have lots of experience with video games, you just
lie about it.

Old November 23rd 08, 04:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Beauciphus writes:

It sounds to me like you have lots of experience with video games, you just
lie about it.

I'm not sure what gives you that impression. I'm interested mainly in
simulation. The program I have that comes closest to a game is online chess
(although some might hold that chess is actually a war simulation).
Old November 23rd 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Beauciphus wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

I don't know of any video games that have features like this. Then again,
have little experience with video games.

It sounds to me like you have lots of experience with video games, you just
lie about it.

Nah, he's delusional and really beleives what he is saying.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.