Heading to Oshkosh

Old May 1st 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Harry[_2_]

Default Heading to Oshkosh

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
m...
Harry wrote:
"Morgans" wrote in message

snip

If you are only in Appleton you can drive up just for the party on
Wednesday :-). No admission to the north forty :-).

Ron flew (commercial) into Appleton one year as he had to be in SF on
business. I flew the Navion and we both had camping gear in case I hit
weather. He landed at Appleton and gave me a call as he boarded the bus
for OSH. I walked from Vintage camping to the front gate and we arrived
at the same time. Transportation at OSH is good.

Margy

Margy, our daughter and son-in-law live in Appleton and he will be taking a
couple of days off while we are there so transportation won't be a problem
:-). But again, making the Wed. night party is a no can do, sorry :-(.

Harry

Old May 1st 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"Harry" wrote:

Jay, I'll be looking forward to hear about your party but unfortunately,
I'll not be able to attend. And just let me mention also the reason I won't
be able to attend Oshkosh more than one or two days is that we will be
visiting our kids in Appleton, WI, and considering there will be 5 of us, I
just can't afford the daily admission for all of us to attend each day.

Harry, admission to the party is free (well, accept for a six-pack of
adult beverage, one per family). We can get your whole family in with a
"pass". Bring 'em down Wednesday and meet everyone, and get a good meal
in the process. It is a family friendly gathering for aviators of all
ages.
Old May 1st 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Harry[_2_]

"john smith" wrote in message
In article ,
"Harry" wrote:

Jay, I'll be looking forward to hear about your party but unfortunately,
I'll not be able to attend. And just let me mention also the reason I
won't
be able to attend Oshkosh more than one or two days is that we will be
visiting our kids in Appleton, WI, and considering there will be 5 of us,
just can't afford the daily admission for all of us to attend each day.

Harry, admission to the party is free (well, accept for a six-pack of
adult beverage, one per family). We can get your whole family in with a
"pass". Bring 'em down Wednesday and meet everyone, and get a good meal
in the process. It is a family friendly gathering for aviators of all
ages.

John, I vaguely remember reading about your previous Oshkosh parties :-). I
know, I will be missing an exciting event. Thanks for the invite.

Harry

Old May 2nd 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Dow (Remove Caps in mail address)

I'm not sure if you'll be able to squeeze this in, but if you have any
interest, you may want to check the schedule to see if any of the major
speakers will be talking. People like Chuck Yeager and Bob Hoover may
not be around too much longer. (On the other hand, they might outlast
me.) Several years ago Medal of Honor recipient Adm. Stockdale spoke
there, and Gemini/Apollo/Skylab astronaut Pete Conrad was a regular EAA
supporter. They're no longer with us.
Old May 2nd 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Harry[_2_]

Thanks, Paul.

"Paul Dow (Remove Caps in mail address)" wrote in
message news

Old May 2nd 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

We sort of think that we are all (sniff) major speakers, just on different
subjects and with different backgrounds.

{;-)

Jim

Old May 2nd 07, 03:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Dow (Remove Caps in mail address)

D'oh! I can't seem to type anything without offending someone. Of
course you're going to be around for a long, long time yet. We've got
to get your presentation over to Pavilion #7. That way you won't have
the competition. It's all about marketing too. The Rutans and
VanGrunsven have got people talking about them. We got to get some sexy
babes to generate some buzz around the grounds for your talks. Just
like those cell phone companies hire good looking people to hang around
bars with their latest gadgets in order to generate interest.

I was surprised to see the demand for presentations has gotten so large
that some talks started at 7 PM. A couple of those were quite
interesting because the put the truly fringe experimental topics at the
late times.

Paul

Old May 2nd 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

"Paul Dow (Remove Caps in mail address)" wrote in
message ...

D'oh! I can't seem to type anything without offending someone.

YOu didn't see the smiley face?

Of
course you're going to be around for a long, long time yet.

Hm. For the first time since I turned 63, I felt my age last week diving
for a hot grounder over the bag that would have gone for extra bases. Ten
years ago I'd have come up with that sucker and beat the runner to the base;
all I could do this time was knock it down and keep it in the infield.

We've got
to get your presentation over to Pavilion #7. That way you won't have the
competition. It's all about marketing too. The Rutans and VanGrunsven
have got people talking about them.

Hell, I always know when I'm speaking. I just look at the schedule for
either Rutan or Machado; I'm always against one or the other of them. For
about five years running, Machado and I had a running joke because I was
ALWAYS in the same tent just ahead of him like an opening act.

We got to get some sexy
babes to generate some buzz around the grounds for your talks. Just like
those cell phone companies hire good looking people to hang around bars
with their latest gadgets in order to generate interest.

Gee, I sort of like Gail, Margy and Mary hanging around. That's "babe"
enough for me.

I was surprised to see the demand for presentations has gotten so large
that some talks started at 7 PM. A couple of those were quite interesting
because the put the truly fringe experimental topics at the late times.

Is that 7 AM or 7 PM???

Jim

Old May 2nd 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

We got to get some sexy
babes to generate some buzz around the grounds for your talks. Just like
those cell phone companies hire good looking people to hang around bars
with their latest gadgets in order to generate interest.

Gee, I sort of like Gail, Margy and Mary hanging around. That's "babe"
enough for me.

Spoken like a true politician. ;-)

DC3 heading avionics Blue Simulators 2 July 31st 06 11:06 PM
Under the heading of Truly Weird Jay Beckman Piloting 29 December 17th 05 05:39 PM
The Euro's Heading Down Mike the Strike Soaring 10 June 5th 05 06:19 PM
F-14s heading to aircraft graveyard Otis Willie Military Aviation 11 September 1st 04 11:59 PM
HSI Heading Flag - Help Victor J. Osborne, Jr. Owning 4 July 6th 03 02:41 PM