Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

Old May 11th 05, 05:40 PM
Paul kgyy

Default Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

True to the rugged pioneer spirit of our great country, DC cowered for
cover again as a Cessna violated the no-fly zone. Fighter jets were
scrambled to deal with this imminent threat to the security of our
nation.

Old May 11th 05, 06:14 PM
iflyatiger

I wonder how we look to people outside of the usa.

When a single Cessna airplane can cause the government to shut down and
people to scramble in fear. Imagine what the people all over the world some
of whom live in war zones or under daily fear of their evil governments must
think of our chicken behavior...
I also cant help but wonder what the men and woman of our armed services
think of this. They live in danger everyday and then they see how their
leaders react to a small plane simply flying somewhere it shouldn't.

Disgusting !!

oups.com...

Old May 11th 05, 06:18 PM
iflyatiger

P.S.
Yes the pilot is an idiot !!

"iflyatiger" wrote in message
I wonder how we look to people outside of the usa.

When a single Cessna airplane can cause the government to shut down and
people to scramble in fear. Imagine what the people all over the world

some
of whom live in war zones or under daily fear of their evil governments

must
think of our chicken behavior...
I also cant help but wonder what the men and woman of our armed services
think of this. They live in danger everyday and then they see how their
leaders react to a small plane simply flying somewhere it shouldn't.

Disgusting !!

oups.com...

Old May 12th 05, 11:08 PM
Blueskies

"iflyatiger" wrote in message ...
P.S.
Yes the pilot is an idiot !!

No, the rules are idiotic!

Old May 11th 05, 08:15 PM
kontiki

iflyatiger wrote:
I wonder how we look to people outside of the usa.

When a single Cessna airplane can cause the government to shut down and
people to scramble in fear. Imagine what the people all over the world some
of whom live in war zones or under daily fear of their evil governments must
think of our chicken behavior...
I also cant help but wonder what the men and woman of our armed services
think of this. They live in danger everyday and then they see how their
leaders react to a small plane simply flying somewhere it shouldn't.

Disgusting !!

Exactly. Its totally ridiculous that the US Government allows millions
of illegals to cross its borders every month while it totally freaks out
when a littel Cessna comes close to Washington DC. What a complete joke.

Soon Washington DC will be like Berlin... barbed wires, tanks and outposts.

Fine... you can have the city, its fillled with a bunch of self promoting
blowhards with no testosterone anyway.

Old May 11th 05, 10:23 PM
Ron Natalie

kontiki wrote:

Soon Washington DC will be like Berlin... barbed wires, tanks and outposts.

You haven't been here recently, have you. It already looks like that.
Old May 12th 05, 05:04 AM
Matt Barrow

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
kontiki wrote:

Soon Washington DC will be like Berlin... barbed wires, tanks and

outposts.

You haven't been here recently, have you. It already looks like that.

I didn't look that way during World War II, but it started getting that
ambiance during the 90's already.

Matt
---------------------
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO

Old May 12th 05, 12:53 PM
Ron Natalie

kontiki wrote:

Soon Washington DC will be like Berlin... barbed wires, tanks and

outposts.

You haven't been here recently, have you. It already looks like that.

I didn't look that way during World War II, but it started getting that
ambiance during the 90's already.

No, in WWII (and up until President Kennedy started reversing it),
Washington looked like a military base. The city is home and
business ground to a ton of service members. Supposedly temporary
munitions and other cheap military construction were thrown up on
the mall and other "vacant" land. Kennedy relaxed the uniform
requirements, which gave a much more civilian appearance to town.
The DC heydey was around the bicentennial when they finally removed
a lot of old WWII military stuff from the mall and generally
cleaned up the public areas.

The thing started to decline again after a few security incidents
around the White House. Pennsylvania avenue was closed (for good)
as well as many of the other streets around the White House.
Every public building is now ringed with a variety of barricades.
The real casualty has been the Washington monument which has been
surrounded with construction fencing for the past year (hopefully
the unveiling will be prettier than the ring of jersey wall that
they had previously errected around it). Throw in the ill-conceived
and Hitler-esque WWII memorial and the DC downtown is currently
under a blight only surpassed from the thirties when the mall
essentially was relegated to being a freight yard.
Old May 12th 05, 12:37 AM
Dave Stadt

"kontiki" wrote in message
news
iflyatiger wrote:
[...]

That would be fine as long as the gates in the barbed wire only opened in.

Old May 12th 05, 08:38 AM
Thomas Borchert

Iflyatiger,

I wonder how we look to people outside of the usa.

Same happened here in Germany. Politicos all over the world are the
same. This over-reaction give John Dumb Voter a warm and fuzzy feeling
- so they do it.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)