Connecting Rod Specifications

Old November 17th 03, 07:23 PM
Cambridge_Flyer

Default Connecting Rod Specifications

Hi, I'm putting together a Lycoming 0-320A engine from parts I've scrounged
together. I have four connecting rods, three of which are within .12 oz of
each other and the forth is about .5 oz less then the other three. Does
anyone know what the Specs are for Lycoming Connecting Rods?? Thanks.

Old November 17th 03, 10:50 PM
O-ring Seals

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 19:23:09 GMT, "Cambridge_Flyer"
wrote:

Hi, I'm putting together a Lycoming 0-320A engine from parts I've scrounged
together. I have four connecting rods, three of which are within .12 oz of
each other and the forth is about .5 oz less then the other three. Does
anyone know what the Specs are for Lycoming Connecting Rods?? Thanks.

No published weight specifications that I am aware of. Since you are
scrounging parts, it is likely that the rods came from different
engines. Maybe the ones that are close in weight were balanced
previously. You could have the entire set balanced, but removing .5
oz. is quite a bit of metal. Make sure that the person doing it knows
where material can be removed.

O-ring Seals
Old November 17th 03, 11:49 PM
Jerry Wass

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
That one doesn't happen to be for a 360 does it?? they're a tad shorter
'ya know..
pCambridge_Flyer wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEHi, I'm putting together a Lycoming 0-320A engine
from parts I've scrounged
brtogether.  I have four connecting rods, three of which are within
..12 oz of
breach other and the forth is about .5 oz less then the other three.
Does
branyone know what the Specs are for Lycoming Connecting Rods??
Thanks./blockquote
/html

Old November 18th 03, 11:51 AM
Cambridge_Flyer

Thanks, You can see on the odd rod where material has already been removed
and it is a different casting number then the other three. I think I will
look for another Rod that matches the other three better. I'm with you and
don't like the idea of removing that much metal from the other rods. Thanks
for your reply.