Leaving Usnet Groups, Bye

Old May 1st 05, 08:26 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 01 May 2005 17:43:10 GMT, Wyatt Emmerich wrote:

Nobody knows who is real or who is not in internet space.

old, but good: http://www.unc.edu/depts/jomc/academics/dri/idog.html

The only thing
that matters is what is written. Ideas stand or fail on their own merits,
whether posted by real pilots or pretend pilots. Who cares! It's the
strength of the argument that matters.

#m
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg
Old May 1st 05, 09:29 PM
Dudley Henriques

"Frank Ch. Eigler" wrote in message

"Jay Honeck" writes:

Of course, this guy CALLING HIMSELF Dudley Henriques is probably some
poor little guy, about 45 years old, living in his mom's basement,

See:
http://alexisparkinn.com/ifpf_history.htm
You may wish to wash that egg off your faces...

Those letters have made me a little curious about what this IFPF group
actually did after its founding. Those letters read like they could
have just been polite replies to a fan: "Oh, you want me to be named
in your club? Fine, whatever." I assume there was more to it, but what?

- FChE

In an off hand way, what you are saying has a small element of truth in it.

The IFPF was an honor society. It's "official function" was simply
fellowship.
Most of us knew each other, and shared a common interest.....flight safety
in the demonstration environment.

There was a lot of work done behind the scenes in this area with very little
fanfare involved. The fellowship also worked quietly in direct cooperation
with the Combat Pilots Association of the United States in backing the
missions of both the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels acting as an outside
the source link to the public as a public relations tool.
There was nothing daring or spectacular about the Fellowship, and surely
nothing spectacular or daring should be attached to my association with the
Fellowship.
If you would like some written samples of how the Fellowship worked along
the lines I have described here, I suggest purchasing "Zero Error Margin" by
Gen Des Barker of the SAAF. You will find contributions from various
Fellowship members scattered throughout the book, and the Fellowship
mentioned in the book credits. You might also research old issues of "Join
Up", the official magazine of the Combat Pilots Association of the United
States. You should find information there on both the Fellowship and on me
as well .
I hope this answers your question.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot; CFI; Retired
dhenriquestrashatearthlinktrashdotnet
(take out the trash :-)

Old May 1st 05, 11:35 PM
W P Dixon

I believe it's possible that your cert number and address and other personel
information don't show up on the site if you request it. Several A&P buddies
are listed as having a cert, but no numbers or home info is there.

As to the Sport Pilot deal, I don't care if they do or not. I guess a good
popint I was trying to make is ...just because someone is not on there does
not mean they do not have one. I do and I am not on there either

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
Martin Hotze wrote:
On Sun, 01 May 2005 12:28:39 GMT, Matt Whiting wrote:

Does it really matter? As long as you have the certificate in your
possession, it matters not if you are in some computer DB in OKC. Since
my certificate number is also my SS number, I'd be just as happy not to
be in the FAA database! :-)

you can really easy have your SSN removed from your certificate (and get
random number assigned). And IIRC you can also have your data surpressed
from all these databases.

Thanks, yes, I'm aware of that. I hope to obtain my commercial license
later this year and planned to make the change then. I just wish they
would let us keep our old certificates when new ones are issued.

Matt

Old May 1st 05, 11:52 PM
Jay Honeck

Nobody knows who is real or who is not in internet space.

Unless you're a real person, with a real name.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 2nd 05, 12:37 AM
Jay Honeck

You have proof, Jay, that you are a real person. You have the Alexis
Park, where people have met you. Have you ever MET Duhdley?

Does talking on the phone count? Probably not, in your world.

Could it all be an elaborate conspiracy, like the aliens in Area 51? Could
"Dudley" actually be the guy who REALLY shot Kennedy from the grassy knoll?

I suppose. But he sure knows a helluva lot about aviation, and an awful lot
of people in the aviation world seem to know him.

Oh, wait -- THEY'RE part of the conspiracy, too...right?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 2nd 05, 01:37 AM
Blanche

Jay Honeck wrote:
Nobody knows who is real or who is not in internet space.

Unless you're a real person, with a real name.

On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog
(caption to the famous cartoon with the dog at the keyboard)

Old May 2nd 05, 01:43 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Blanche" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
Nobody knows who is real or who is not in internet space.

Unless you're a real person, with a real name.

On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog
(caption to the famous cartoon with the dog at the keyboard)

Hi Blanche;

Actually, I tried to prove this out one time but failed. I attempted to use
our dog's paws to answer an email that was dealing with just this cartoon.
Unfortunately, his big paws gave away the store because each letter he typed
sort of came out something like "fghj tyui sdfg qwer".
Dudley

Old May 2nd 05, 02:29 AM
Jay Beckman

"Dudley Henriques" dhenriques@noware .net wrote in message
ink.net...

"Blanche" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
Nobody knows who is real or who is not in internet space.

Unless you're a real person, with a real name.

On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog
(caption to the famous cartoon with the dog at the keyboard)

Hi Blanche;

Actually, I tried to prove this out one time but failed. I attempted to
use our dog's paws to answer an email that was dealing with just this
cartoon. Unfortunately, his big paws gave away the store because each
letter he typed sort of came out something like "fghj tyui sdfg
qwer".
Dudley

At which point you get flamed for mis-spelled gobledygook anyway, right?

Jay B

Old May 2nd 05, 02:34 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Blanche" wrote in message
Jay Honeck wrote:
Nobody knows who is real or who is not in internet space.

Unless you're a real person, with a real name.

On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog
(caption to the famous cartoon with the dog at the keyboard)

Hi Blanche;

Actually, I tried to prove this out one time but failed. I attempted to
use our dog's paws to answer an email that was dealing with just this
cartoon. Unfortunately, his big paws gave away the store because each
letter he typed sort of came out something like "fghj tyui sdfg
qwer".
Dudley

At which point you get flamed for mis-spelled gobledygook anyway, right?

Jay B

I think someone might have wanted to see my license to operate a keyboard;
something about being too old or not current enough or something like that!
:-)

Old May 2nd 05, 03:10 AM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Dudley Henriques wrote:
It actually takes years for people to disappear from the DB after they
lose a medical, but they go away after a while.

That would be it for me. Lost the medical years ago. That's the reason I
became a consultant :-)

I lost my medical back in 1990 and at some point after that disappeared from the
registry, despite the old saw about being licensed for life. When I got my
medical back last month, I miraculously reappeared in the registry.

Fifteen years ago I was a pilot, and now I are one again. G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE