Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

Old May 12th 05, 01:33 AM
Franklin Newton

Exactly how much airspace does a vessel at sea in international waters own,
who controls it, and what treatys, if any, grant control to any particular
vessel?

"W P Dixon" wrote in message
WOW!
One would have to be pretty stupid to fly over DC in todays world. I

can
understand the "No Fly Zone" policy, but I can't understand why all the

cops
in the area have to act like Soviet paratroopers are descending around
Washington Monument.
When onboard the USS Iwo Jima we almost had to shoot down a small GA
plane in the Med. He invaded our airspace, after the second warning battle
stations were called, all the cool anti aircraft machine guns and missles
came online. The Captain had them try him one last time and he waved his
wings and turned around. I often wonder if he actually realized how close

dying he was.
So I can agree with most and say the DC police act like a bunch of

bent
out of shape Campfire Girls running around screaming , but if a US Warship
has protected airspace..shouldn't the Capital of the US? What excuse could

pilot give in VFR conditions for being to close to DC? Oh I didn't know

what
DC looked like? I agree with the take their license away.
The news channels were saying that it would take the plane 90 seconds

reach the Capital or White House from the 3 mile radius....bet that 3 mile
becomes 10 miles soon. We can thank this latest idiot as well as the
Governor of Kentucky's pilots!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old May 12th 05, 02:11 AM
W P Dixon

Well kontiki,
I am a student pilot and I have enough sense to not fly to the White House.
Doesn't VFR mean being able to see the ground? Please correct me if I am
wrong there. Is there really any American who can not tell what Washington
DC looks like ? I wonder if he was flying with his instructor? I do not know
the answer to that.., blame the CFI , if it was a CFI with him? Probably
none of us know all the details, but from what I do know, I would rip their
certificates up. But hey, that's my humble opinion. Could it change as more
facts are known , sure I am flexible. But things don't look to good from
what I do know.
Oh and I do agree with you, if we would do something to control our
borders we would be alot better off....maybe even not have to take away
Americans rights, and "strip search Grandma at the airport" Our nation's
security should start at the border, not at a St. Louis airport in the
middle of the country.

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

"kontiki" wrote in message
Yeah, well it was a student pilot for God's sake. Lets Burn him/her at
the stake.

As I said, it was a stedent pilot... sheesh. And why not shut down the
airspace around all US cities while we are at it? After all, Don Daley
destroyed an airport in Chicago proportedly because of the "threat" of
these dangerous GA aircraft.

Old May 12th 05, 02:31 AM
Dan Luke

"Arnold Sten" wrote:
It is indeed unfortunate that the general, non-aviation public only
receives its information from the likes of CNN, MSNBC, etc., etc. When was
the last time any of you saw any mention of the hundreds or even thousands
of pilots small, private airplanes in a responsible and safe manner.

Tonight, on CNN.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old May 12th 05, 02:39 AM
Charles O'Rourke

Jose wrote:
Just idly thinking here after two glasses of wine, but what if =all= the
spam cans in the country formed a line and flew directly over the white
house at 2000 feet with no transponder code and no clearance, and kept
doing it even as we were being shot down? What do you think the
eventual effect of this would be?

No more spam cans?

Charles.
-N8385U
Old May 12th 05, 02:44 AM
Matt Whiting

Jay Masino wrote:
Dave Stadt wrote:

A communication problem is no excuse for doing what they did. These guys
are from the area and have no excuse for not knowing about the restricted
area. They aren't my brothers,

Some reports say that they, in fact, had an ADIZ squawk code. That would
suggest that they were atleast trying to do follow the correct procedure.
It would be nice if we allowed them to be innocent until proven
guilty. Human beings make mistakes, occasionally.

It doesn't appear to be at question whether or not they penetrated the
restricted (prohibited?) area. Therefore, they are guilty period. It
was probably not intentional, but that has no bearing on guilt or
innocence in this case. If they flew into the area, they are guilty.
It really is that simple.

Matt
Old May 12th 05, 02:54 AM
John T

wrote in message

2) There are probably less than 1,000,000 active pilots in this
country - that's a tiny proportion of the general population.

Actually, about half that number (some 0.2% of the US population).

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old May 12th 05, 02:57 AM
George Patterson

gatt wrote:

It's really ridiculous. London endured the Blitz. America has got to stop
living in fear.

Not a good example. Small planes have been banned from the airspace over London
for decades.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.
Old May 12th 05, 03:01 AM
John T

"smf" wrote in message

Come on guys, rules are rules! No-Fly Zone means just that. Mistakes
are made but don't discount the mistake.

Sorry, but this is stepping on a raw nerve. Show me any navigation chart or
NOTAM establishing a "no-fly zone" around Washington.

It's a two-layer airspace restriction: The larger Air Defense
Identification Zone and an inner Flight Restricted Zone. Flights - even by
GA aircraft - routinely fly in both zones. There is *not* a "no-fly zone"
around DC.

Old May 12th 05, 03:03 AM
John T

"W P Dixon" wrote in message

I can understand the "No Fly Zone" policy

What "No Fly Zone" policy?

Old May 12th 05, 03:08 AM
Montblack

("Jimmy B." wrote)
With all this talk of A-bombs, I would like to say hello to all the
government agents who are now reading this thread.

HI GUYS!

We're all good Americans here!

I thought it was decided that we weren't .. I mean all good Americans ...I
mean we weren't all Americans here on the newsgroups.

"Knock, knock, knock." - Oh crap!!

So your plan was to drop your suitcase bomb last Monday?
Yes, but the weather wouldn't cooperate - low ceilings all day.

What about last Wednesday? What happened to that plan?
Wheel shimmy and a locking brake. That plane will be ready in 3 weeks.

And this past weekend?
Couldn't get a plane. Weather was great, all the planes were rented.

And yesterday?
Only thing available was the Lance. We're not checked out in the Lance.

Montblack
Loathing terrorists (and gang-bangers)
Fearing American Gulags