Dangerous Cessna evacuates govt again

Old May 12th 05, 03:10 AM
Ray Bengen

Small SINGLE-ENGINE planes are banned not MULTI's.

Still, it is quite ridicilous. I wonder how many people would be suprised
to know a fully-loaded Cessna 150 would bounce of the side of the
Washington Memorial...

Forget about the Statue of Liberty.

Anyhow, I think it'll be forgotten.

IMO.

On Thu, 12 May 2005 01:57:14 GMT, George Patterson
wrote:

gatt wrote:
It's really ridiculous. London endured the Blitz. America has got to
stop
living in fear.

Not a good example. Small planes have been banned from the airspace over
London for decades.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to
the
mashed potatoes.

Old May 12th 05, 03:11 AM
George Patterson

Paul kgyy wrote:
True to the rugged pioneer spirit of our great country, DC cowered for
cover again as a Cessna violated the no-fly zone. Fighter jets were
scrambled to deal with this imminent threat to the security of our
nation.

Seems like every time Congress starts putting pressure on to eliminate the ADIZ,
something like this happens. Wouldn't surprise me to find that the TSA is
somehow behind sending the Cessna through.

Old May 12th 05, 03:13 AM
George Patterson

Jose wrote:

Just idly thinking here after two glasses of wine, but what if =all= the
spam cans in the country formed a line and flew directly over the white
house at 2000 feet with no transponder code and no clearance, and kept
doing it even as we were being shot down? What do you think the
eventual effect of this would be?

I suppose they wouldn't need the ADIZ anymore.

Old May 12th 05, 03:14 AM
Montblack

("Jose" wrote)
Just idly thinking here after two glasses of wine, but what if =all= the
spam cans in the country formed a line and flew directly over the white
house at 2000 feet with no transponder code and no clearance, and kept
doing it even as we were being shot down? What do you think the
eventual effect of this would be?

Much recyclable aluminum on the ground in DC.

Montblack - no smiley
Old May 12th 05, 03:15 AM
Larry Dighera

On 11 May 2005 16:42:57 -0700, "Bucky" wrote in
.com::

The Cessna Turbo Stationair can carry 1338 lbs of useful
load.

Piper PA28-235, a four-place, four cylinder, useful load is 1,400 lbs.
Of course, that doesn't take into account the safety margin required
to meet certification standards. ...

Old May 12th 05, 03:19 AM
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:11:04 -0400, "W P Dixon"
wrote in
::

I am a student pilot and I have enough sense to not fly to the White House.
Doesn't VFR mean being able to see the ground?

Not in the US.
Old May 12th 05, 03:26 AM
George Patterson

Sully wrote:

Something to remember though through all of this is that it was a
"STUDENT" and instructor.

Where did you hear it was an instructor? The AOPA blurb doesn't say that, and
the landings database doesn't show a CFI certificate for Jim Schaeffer.

Old May 12th 05, 03:26 AM
Larry Dighera

And did a search on these two guys and didn't get a hit. I don't know if
this is a comprehensive database or if you can opt to not be in it. "flown
by Jim Sheaffer of Lititz, Pa., and student pilot Troy Martin, of Akron,
Pa., "

Airmen Database Search Result
Name : SHEAFFER JR, HAYDEN LOWERY
Airman's Address : XXXXX
LITITZ, PA, 17543-9702
FAA Region : Eastern
Date of Medical : Jun, 2003
Class of Medical : 3
Expiration of Class 3 privileges : Jun, 2005
Airman Certificates : Private Pilot
Airplane Single Engine Land

Old May 12th 05, 03:36 AM
Larry Dighera

wrote in _Jyge.1534$R13.625@trndny09::

gatt wrote:

It's really ridiculous. London endured the Blitz. America has got to stop
living in fear.

Not a good example. Small planes have been banned from the airspace over London
for decades.

Thanks for the information.

Be that as it may, the good people of London chose to continue
business as usual in the face of nightly air raids of hundreds of
bombers, unlike those in DC who abandoned their posts in panic at the
approach of a Cessna 152.

Old May 12th 05, 03:46 AM
JohnH

Just idly thinking here after two glasses of wine, but what if =all=
the spam cans in the country formed a line and flew directly over the
white house at 2000 feet with no transponder code and no clearance,
and kept doing it even as we were being shot down? What do you think
the eventual effect of this would be?

This administration's justification to invade Iran. Or Cananda.