C172 charter in LA

Old January 24th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default C172 charter in LA

Hi

I have plans to visit the USA this September for 3 weeks. There i'd
like to charter a C172 for 12 to 14 days. Starting point would be LA
(California). Does anybody know a serious company or flight school
where it is possible to charter a C172 in the LA area?

Kind regards

Timo / Switzerland

Old January 24th 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 24 Jan 2006 12:24:38 -0800, "Timo" wrote in
.com::

I have plans to visit the USA this September for 3 weeks. There i'd
like to charter a C172 for 12 to 14 days. Starting point would be LA
(California). Does anybody know a serious company or flight school
where it is possible to charter a C172 in the LA area?

Where will you be staying in LA?

Old January 24th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Depends where you'll be in LA. Justice Aviation at Santa Monica
airport is about 5-10 miles north of LAX, and they have some nice
planes (including Cessna 172s). I received my primary instruction at
Skyward Aviation at the same airport in a Piper Cherokee, and they're
great too.

Ben Hallert
PP-ASEL

Old January 25th 06, 04:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The best way to find out is to check the website

http://www.pilotage.com

And you can click on the "FBO, flight school and aviation service" and
click on the Aircraft Ride to find all the available charters in the
Southern Califiornia.

You can also click on the "Airports" to find out which airport is
closer to where you will stay.

Old January 25th 06, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On 24 Jan 2006 12:24:38 -0800, "Timo" wrote:

Hi

I have plans to visit the USA this September for 3 weeks. There i'd
like to charter a C172 for 12 to 14 days. Starting point would be LA
(California). Does anybody know a serious company or flight school
where it is possible to charter a C172 in the LA area?

Kind regards

Timo / Switzerland

Hello Timo,

When I read the LA part of your message, I thought "Lower Alabama". I
fly in the Southeast part of America.

I would suggest Camarillo if you're in California. Nice people there.

Get a few maps of the area before you come.

Mike Weller

Old January 27th 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I live in Los Angeles. If you want to contact me directly I will be glad to
give you my humble opinion of all of the local FBO's. I live about 10
minutes (by freeway) from LAX. I have plenty of recomendations. Not to
knock Ben but I would not fly out of SMO (A little pricey for takeoffs and
landings). View my personal site for my contact info
www.cogentnetworking.com.

--
John Huthmaker
PPL-SEL P-28-161

http://www.cogentnetworking.com
oups.com...

Old January 28th 06, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

It's not the tower collecting tail numbers. They don't care. According
to the FAA safety seminar I went to last fall with the SMO tower chief
as speaker, there's a city guy sitting in a truck next to the runway
with binoculars and a clip-pad taking down tail numbers. There's no way
to pay on the field. They look up the registered owner and mail the
bill there each month.

Tell us again why anyone chooses to fly here?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA