Flying School in Florida / Texas

Old October 8th 06, 08:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_1_]

Default Flying School in Florida / Texas

On Sun, 08 Oct 2006 09:13:50 +0200, Martin Hotze wrote:

well, this is the US version /faux news) of the story:

another one:
http://www.nbc5.com/travelgetaways/9722064/detail.html

The story as it was told in Europe was that the security officer parsed his
"pump" as "bomb":
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08...iscalculation/

related:
http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news...udgment_i.html

---

here another story - not related, but stupid:

http://www.canada.com/components/pri...4-652f83e27868
---snip
When an iPod fell into a toilet on my flight to Ottawa this week,
authorities took no chances with such a perilous situation

When the pilot on my Ottawa-bound United flight from Chicago last Tuesday
came on the intercom to report a problem, I felt a trickle of panic, even
though he assured us that there was no cause for alarm. They had
discovered, he said awkwardly, an object on the plane that should not be
there. He had notified the authorities at Ottawa airport, and they would
handle the problem upon our arrival.
---snap

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...11211166&sid=1
---snip
So I walked up to the stewardesses, both clamoring over the handbook, and
tapped one on the shoulder.
"So, I had an iPod before I went to the bathroom, and now I don't. I think
I know what's in the toilet."
We had a quick conversation. I told them, "You don't have to call the TSA
or anything, it's just my iPod." They said, "Oh, but we already did."
So now I'm starting to realize that this is turning into a big problem.
They offer their condolences, tell me that it's unfortunate, and I take a
seat. Okay. So far, not so bad. I return to my seat and spend the rest of
the flight trying to act normal.
---snap

well ... scary ...

#m