Ron did it!!

Old September 26th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Ron Natalie

Default Ron did it!!

M wrote:
An instrument pilot can however fly in
really crummy VFR weather while still have options.

This is precisely the reason for me getting the rating. I can't
tell you the number of times we have stopped a flight where weather
was fine at our destination but deteriorating visibility or cloud
layers made VFR flight (especially accross the Appalachians) unsafe
in our opinion.
Old September 26th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Robert A. Barker

"Margy Natalie" wrote in message
m...
As of this morning Ron Natalie is an instrument rated pilot!! I guess all
those impromptu extra vacation days due to haze are over :-). This is
great!

Margy

My heartiest congrats to Ron for a job well done!!!!!

Bob Barker N8749S

Old September 26th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bob Noel

In article ,
B A R R Y wrote:

I bet George wouldn't like that (George is our autopilot).
It's hardly useful practice to fly under the hood with the a/p on.
sheesh.

Ok, why?

I use the AP when flying IAPs for real; why shouldn't I practice with it?

I'd like to hear the answer, as well.

well, I meant it as an evil way to torture someone under the hood.
Of course we should train as we fly and fly as we train. And of
course we don't only practice under the hood with the a/p on
(assuming we are discussing small aircraft where hand-flying
would be considered normal)

Is that clearer?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old September 26th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bob Noel

In article ,
Ron Natalie wrote:

ok, take away the GPS too. :-)

I bet George wouldn't like that (George is our autopilot).

It's hardly useful practice to fly under the hood with the a/p on. sheesh.

I thought the suggestion of doing my partial panel approach on the
checkride with the autopilot was cheating too, but the examiner
suggested it.

On the checkride, the examiner can suggest just about anything,
if you know what I mean. ;-)

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old September 27th 06, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Margy Natalie

Default Ron did it!! [ DETAILS ]

Jack Allison wrote:
Well, yeah but think of the fun you could have saying things like "Gee
Ron, it only took me 12 (13, whatever...but less than 25) years of
flying before I got my instrument rating. :-)

Well, if truth be told, I got my masters, he got the intrument rating,
he bought the "Stupid Boat", I've got my eye on a low, slow, open, amphib.

Margy
Old September 27th 06, 11:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
B A R R Y[_1_]

Bob Noel wrote:

Is that clearer?

Thanks!

I'm an instrument student who thought he might be missing something. G

Old September 27th 06, 12:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Burns[_1_]

Thanks!
And a big congrats! Nice job.
Jim