More questions on VFR flight following.

Old January 7th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Hackwit

Default More questions on VFR flight following.

"Jay Honeck" wrote in

There are computer programs that can efficiently block his messages.
Those that use these forums for the intended purpose should use those
programs. Mxsmanic would be like the tree falling in the woods that
nobody could hear.

It is for this reason that I've gone back to using my ISP for access
to Usenet, rather than Google Groups.

Good move fjukkwit.

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig601XLBuilder

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

There are computer programs that can efficiently block his messages. Those
that use these forums for the intended purpose should use those programs.
Mxsmanic would be like the tree falling in the woods that nobody could hear.

And many of those same programs can efficiently block messages that have
his name in them or any version of his name. Anyone that is going to
bitch about those of us responding to him should use those programs.
Old January 7th 08, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
piynuB eht eitreB[_2_]

Gig601XLBuilder wrote in
:

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

There are computer programs that can efficiently block his messages.
Those that use these forums for the intended purpose should use those
programs. Mxsmanic would be like the tree falling in the woods that
nobody could hear.

And many of those same programs can efficiently block messages that
have his name in them or any version of his name. Anyone that is going
to bitch about those of us responding to him should use those
programs.

Excellent suggestion.

eitreB
Old January 7th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Could somebody please explain to me why anybody responds to Mxsmanic's messages? I
killfiled him long ago, but I can't filter the responses to his messages that clutter
these forums.

Wrong question.

What we really need to know is why posters feel compelled to keep telling him what he
(and we) already know. The clutter isn't from responses to his posts -- it's the
off-topic responses to HIS on-topic (if incorrect) responses that are cluttering the
forums.

Any open forum starts out with a name and theme that attracts posters, but what happens
then is that many regulars come to regard the newsgroup as one of their home pages. It's
where you hang out for conversation, argumentation, and entertainment. To varying degrees
the content will be about aviation or whatever the group theme is, but once it effectively
becomes a home page, the door is open to whatever topics are of interest to any of the
participants. This is distracting and annoying to those who only want to see aviation
content but the only way you will get that is in moderated groups. Some moderated groups
are successful but many are moribund echo chambers precisely because they censor the
free-fire off-topic exchanges that can be interesting and entertaining enough to attract
and keep readers with other points of view.

Attempts to rein in the off-topic posts in UseNet are doomed to failure and in fact only
contribute to the static noise. Your options are to drop out, start to killfile (which is
only partially effective) or learn how to skip over the threads and/or posters that don't
interest you.

And as has been noted, how is the commercial promotion of your motel in your sig germane
to legitimate aviation topics, other than that you may snag some pilots as guests?

Old January 7th 08, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
> [...]

And, actually, I've eliminated MX's tormentors, and left him be, for now. He, at least,
occasionally asks a good question.

And then provokes scornful reponses when he wanders off into his goofball opinions.

A fool can ask more questions than an entire newsgroup can answer.

commercial sig deleted

Old January 7th 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"John Mazor" wrote in

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

And, actually, I've eliminated MX's tormentors, and left him be, for
now. He, at least, occasionally asks a good question.

And then provokes scornful reponses when he wanders off into his
goofball opinions.

A fool can ask more questions than an entire newsgroup can answer.

commercial sig deleted

Your patience and caginess sometimes astounds me.

Bertie

Old January 7th 08, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Gig601XLBuilder" wrote in message

And many of those same programs can efficiently block messages that have
his name in them or any version of his name. Anyone that is going to bitch
about those of us responding to him should use those programs.

Or one could simply killfile those that respond to Mxsmanic. Since those
that feel the need to respond to him are also those that generally have
nothing worthwhile to contribute to these forums.

Old January 7th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

.. .

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

And, actually, I've eliminated MX's tormentors, and left him be, for
now. He, at least, occasionally asks a good question.

And then provokes scornful reponses when he wanders off into his
goofball opinions.

A fool can ask more questions than an entire newsgroup can answer.

commercial sig deleted

Your patience and caginess sometimes astounds me.

I'm an easygoing, genial guy loved by all who know me.

I just don't suffer fools gladly.

Old January 7th 08, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"John Mazor" wrote in news:5Fvgj.5893$qV.3541
@trnddc03:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

And, actually, I've eliminated MX's tormentors, and left him be, for
now. He, at least, occasionally asks a good question.

And then provokes scornful reponses when he wanders off into his
goofball opinions.

A fool can ask more questions than an entire newsgroup can answer.

commercial sig deleted

Your patience and caginess sometimes astounds me.

I'm an easygoing, genial guy loved by all who know me.

I just don't suffer fools gladly.

I, OTOH, just love a good fool

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Stewart

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

And, actually, I've eliminated MX's tormentors, and left him be, for
now. He, at least, occasionally asks a good question.
And then provokes scornful reponses when he wanders off into his
goofball opinions.

A fool can ask more questions than an entire newsgroup can answer.

commercial sig deleted
Your patience and caginess sometimes astounds me.

I'm an easygoing, genial guy loved by all who know me.

I just don't suffer fools gladly.

I, OTOH, just love a good fool

I'd say you gladly endeavor to make fools suffer.

Flight Questions Jed Piloting 32 September 15th 07 03:12 PM
flight level questions [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 14th 06 09:13 PM
Yesterday's IFR flight with questions A Lieberman Instrument Flight Rules 30 November 23rd 05 10:31 PM
Nice Surprize During Pre Flight, And A Few Odd Questions MRQB Owning 12 March 24th 04 11:26 PM
IFR flight in MSFS '98 questions Sydney Hoeltzli Simulators 9 July 31st 03 12:05 AM