A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

replacement instruments

Old May 23rd 21, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default replacement instruments

So, what software and hardware version is the L-Nav? Does the GPS Nav know what year it is? One man's trash is another's treasure...
And, I can help you increase your budget slightly for a new instrument.

Steve Leonard
Old May 23rd 21, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 12:38:04 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
So, what software and hardware version is the L-Nav? Does the GPS Nav know what year it is? One man's trash is another's treasure...
And, I can help you increase your budget slightly for a new instrument.

Steve Leonard

Hi Steve,

When I bought the glider the L-Nav GPSnav was installed. I couldn't get it to work. I took them out of the panel yesterday and removed all wiring and cables. Some of which were threaded thru the channel under the seat pan as the GPS flight recorder was located on the shelf on top of the spars. There were cables running from the recorder up to the panel that weren't connected which explains why the thing didn't work. The guy I bought the ship from used a PDA running StrePla so he didn't figure out the problem.
Bottom line is I can't honestly tell you if the system works or not.
Old May 23rd 21, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

If you just want it "gone", I will pay for you to ship it to me and I will figure out if it works, what software version, etc.

Steve Leonard
Old May 24th 21, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 11:32:09 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
If you just want it "gone", I will pay for you to ship it to me and I will figure out if it works, what software version, etc.

Steve Leonard

Not sure what you mean be "wanting it gone". I assume you want me to give it to you?
Old May 24th 21, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 7:23:06 PM UTC-5, Phoenix wrote:

Steve Leonard

Not sure what you mean be "wanting it gone". I assume you want me to give it to you?

I am not asking you to give it to me. I am offering a home if you no longer want to have it in your house taking up space. There is a difference! I will tell you that I have bought similar setups for around $250 recently. You can list it at Wings and Wheels, or glidersource.com. There is one at glidersource for that price. Been there over a year.

It might look good in my Ka-8 or the Olympia.

Steve Leonard

PS: I already have around, 20 of those setups either installed in planes or on the shelf, so I am not looking to pay to add more to my shelf. But, as I said, if you don't want to have to deal with it, I will cover shipping. Best bet, though, is to advertise it and see if you can reduce your expenditure a bit on the new panel fillers.
Old May 24th 21, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Dear Phoenix: If you are not familiar with Mr. Leonard, he is a corner stone of gliding in America. He has the largest collection of sail panes in the US. He has been or currently is on the Board of Directors Of the SSA. He is
one of the guys who gives more back to soaring than he takes! Plus his Christmas fudge is to die for. Offer to trade the Lnav to get on his Christmas fudge list.

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 5:23:06 PM UTC-7, Phoenix wrote:

Steve Leonard

Old May 24th 21, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Don't send it to him - not even if he offers money.Â* One more item in
his hangar and it will probably explode!

Dan 5J
On 5/24/21 8:30 AM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Dear Phoenix: If you are not familiar with Mr. Leonard, he is a corner stone of gliding in America. He has the largest collection of sail panes in the US. He has been or currently is on the Board of Directors Of the SSA. He is
one of the guys who gives more back to soaring than he takes! Plus his Christmas fudge is to die for. Offer to trade the Lnav to get on his Christmas fudge list.

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 5:23:06 PM UTC-7, Phoenix wrote:

Steve Leonard

Old May 24th 21, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho
external usenet poster

One more item in his hangar and it will probably explode!

Well, I certainly would like to see THAT on YouTube!
Old May 24th 21, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix
external usenet poster

Hi Steve,
I gave it to one of our club members who is interested. If he doesn't buy it, I guess it'll end up cluttering Steve's hangar.

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 2:45:52 PM UTC-4, Mark Mocho wrote:
One more item in his hangar and it will probably explode!
Well, I certainly would like to see THAT on YouTube!

Old May 25th 21, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:15:37 PM UTC-5, Phoenix wrote:
Hi Steve,
I gave it to one of our club members who is interested. If he doesn't buy it, I guess it'll end up cluttering Steve's hangar.

Awesome! It is by far, the best vario on the used market that can be readily had for under $400. Together with the GPS Nav, it provides enormous functionality. The GPS Nav can also drive a moving map via several different programs. Glad you found it a good home!

Steve Leonard