replacement instruments

Old May 23rd 21, 05:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default replacement instruments

So, what software and hardware version is the L-Nav? Does the GPS Nav know what year it is? One man's trash is another's treasure...
And, I can help you increase your budget slightly for a new instrument.

Steve Leonard
Old May 23rd 21, 12:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 12:38:04 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
So, what software and hardware version is the L-Nav? Does the GPS Nav know what year it is? One man's trash is another's treasure...
And, I can help you increase your budget slightly for a new instrument.

Steve Leonard

Hi Steve,

When I bought the glider the L-Nav GPSnav was installed. I couldn't get it to work. I took them out of the panel yesterday and removed all wiring and cables. Some of which were threaded thru the channel under the seat pan as the GPS flight recorder was located on the shelf on top of the spars. There were cables running from the recorder up to the panel that weren't connected which explains why the thing didn't work. The guy I bought the ship from used a PDA running StrePla so he didn't figure out the problem.
Bottom line is I can't honestly tell you if the system works or not.
Old May 23rd 21, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

If you just want it "gone", I will pay for you to ship it to me and I will figure out if it works, what software version, etc.

Steve Leonard
Old May 24th 21, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 11:32:09 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
If you just want it "gone", I will pay for you to ship it to me and I will figure out if it works, what software version, etc.

Steve Leonard

Not sure what you mean be "wanting it gone". I assume you want me to give it to you?
Old May 24th 21, 03:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 7:23:06 PM UTC-5, Phoenix wrote:
On Sunday, May 23, 2021 at 11:32:09 AM UTC-4, Steve Leonard wrote:
If you just want it "gone", I will pay for you to ship it to me and I will figure out if it works, what software version, etc.

Steve Leonard

Not sure what you mean be "wanting it gone". I assume you want me to give it to you?

I am not asking you to give it to me. I am offering a home if you no longer want to have it in your house taking up space. There is a difference! I will tell you that I have bought similar setups for around $250 recently. You can list it at Wings and Wheels, or glidersource.com. There is one at glidersource for that price. Been there over a year.

It might look good in my Ka-8 or the Olympia.

Steve Leonard

PS: I already have around, 20 of those setups either installed in planes or on the shelf, so I am not looking to pay to add more to my shelf. But, as I said, if you don't want to have to deal with it, I will cover shipping. Best bet, though, is to advertise it and see if you can reduce your expenditure a bit on the new panel fillers.
Old May 24th 21, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

Dear Phoenix: If you are not familiar with Mr. Leonard, he is a corner stone of gliding in America. He has the largest collection of sail panes in the US. He has been or currently is on the Board of Directors Of the SSA. He is
one of the guys who gives more back to soaring than he takes! Plus his Christmas fudge is to die for. Offer to trade the Lnav to get on his Christmas fudge list.

Old May 24th 21, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Don't send it to him - not even if he offers money.Â* One more item in
his hangar and it will probably explode!

Dan 5J

Old May 24th 21, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

One more item in his hangar and it will probably explode!

Well, I certainly would like to see THAT on YouTube!
Old May 24th 21, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phoenix

Hi Steve,
I gave it to one of our club members who is interested. If he doesn't buy it, I guess it'll end up cluttering Steve's hangar.

Old May 25th 21, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

On Monday, May 24, 2021 at 5:15:37 PM UTC-5, Phoenix wrote:
Hi Steve,
I gave it to one of our club members who is interested. If he doesn't buy it, I guess it'll end up cluttering Steve's hangar.

Awesome! It is by far, the best vario on the used market that can be readily had for under $400. Together with the GPS Nav, it provides enormous functionality. The GPS Nav can also drive a moving map via several different programs. Glad you found it a good home!

Steve Leonard

OA-X A-10 Replacement (A-29) (A-29).jpg 184 (1/1) J3[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 July 20th 19 03:19 PM
OA-X A-10 Replacement (A-29) (A-29).jpg 184 (1/1) J3[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 July 20th 19 03:01 PM
737 Replacement john smith Piloting 26 October 22nd 06 05:21 AM
F-15J Replacement Prowlus Military Aviation 8 April 28th 04 02:16 PM
EP-3 replacement? user Naval Aviation 23 December 6th 03 10:46 PM