the AIM of LIFE .

Old November 1st 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

Default the AIM of LIFE .

Richard Riley wrote:
Yes, stuffing his beliefs down someone else's throat, just like your
retarded cousins, the christian right.

It's a matter of degree.

I do find the Mormans and Jehova's Witnesses that come to the door to
be awfully annoying. But they're just trying to get you to take a
copy of "The Watchtower." They don't have an exploding vest.

They aren't trying to kill you, just harass you.

To their questions , "Would you like to hear more about our views and discuss
the how Jehova and Christ, etc. fit into our lives?" I agreed when as a
youngster eager to learn about other views.
But on those few occasions, after having to explain that there are traditions
called Baha'i, Shinto, Tao, many sects of buddhism and in one meeting I had
to describe the existence of Hinuism, I quit.

Now I just politely take their leaflets and use them to start my charcoal
chimney.

Makes them happy and gets my fire started.
Insha' Allah

Old November 1st 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

My old neighbor, Mary, was a good Catholic girl, and knew her
catechism forward and back and was a bible scholar cum housewife... In
the late 50's, one summer the Watchtower folks suddenly started
coming into our rural area on a weekly basis, men in suits, wives and
children in Sunday clothes actually pretty decent folks and Mary
would always invite them in for coffee and cookies. Then proceed to
have a great discussion on souls, and the holy trinity, and the
Apostles, etc. Problem is, whenever they would spout off some dogma
that strayed from the bible by even one apostrophe Mary would very
politely in her soft little voice point out that what they were saying
was wrong/confused/corrupted/etc... Then recite the chapter and
verses in question, verbatim... When they objected that she could not
possible be right, she would drag out her scholars copy of the bible,
with it's heavily annotated pages on it's wheeled podium and proceed
to prove her recitation was word for word and that they were indeed
straying from "The Word"... I noticed by mid summer that the weekly
stop at our house was still going strong, but then they would simply
drive past Mary's house without stopping... Apparently they didn't
like being shown to be wrong, right from their own Bible... Now, 50
years later I still smile when I remember it...

denny

Old November 1st 07, 08:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Denny" wrote)
I noticed by mid summer that the weekly stop at our house was still going
strong, but then they would simply drive past Mary's house without
stopping... Apparently they didn't like being shown to be wrong, right
from their own Bible...

Maybe they didn't like her coffee?

Montblack :-)

Old November 1st 07, 08:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Montblack" wrote in
:

("Denny" wrote)
I noticed by mid summer that the weekly stop at our house was still
going strong, but then they would simply drive past Mary's house
without stopping... Apparently they didn't like being shown to be
wrong, right from their own Bible...

Maybe they didn't like her coffee?

Maybe she didn't grind it up before she shovec it down their throats.

Bertie
Old November 2nd 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger (K8RI)

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 17:51:53 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

TheSmokingGnu wrote in

Richard Riley wrote:
I do find the Mormans and Jehova's Witnesses that come to the door to
be awfully annoying. But they're just trying to get you to take a
copy of "The Watchtower." They don't have an exploding vest.

Maybe that's the problem; the Mormons ought to be using exploding vests
loaded with copies of The Watchtower, so that you'll have to take at
least one that landed, entrail-free, in your living room.

Just imagine, simultaneously enlightened and then bludgeoned to death by
knowledge. The mind boggles. :P

TheSmokingGnu

PS: Every time I see this thread topic posted here, I blindly jump into
it in the hopes someone has written an AIM for life. It would certainly
make my hand-signal skills better!

I generally ask them to come over for the human sacrifice we have every
saturday night.

Just tell 'em there are some members of your Coven that have expressed
a personal interest in them and they should be there shortly.

Roger

Think I'm kidding? I can tell you with some certainty they don;t come back
after that.

Bertie

Old November 2nd 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in
:

Richard Riley wrote:
[...]

'xaclty. We had some that Mrs Bunyip was overly polite to years ago and
they kept coming back. I don't think I went as far as human
sacrifice,but I did allude to the occult and made some overtures
towards converting them!
It was a bit risky, as they could see you as a challenge. if you weren't
careful, but I think they read between the lines and got the idea and we
didn't see them again afterwards.

Bertie

the AIM of LIFE algaga Piloting 13 September 30th 07 10:10 PM
Life isn't fair xyzzy Owning 14 December 23rd 05 04:43 AM
LS-6A and B life extension JS Soaring 0 December 8th 05 10:56 PM
Life insurance DJA Soaring 4 November 25th 03 08:25 AM
That's life... Ross Richardson Owning 0 July 17th 03 01:15 PM