$98 per barrel oil

Old November 8th 07, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default $98 per barrel oil

Andy Hawkins wrote:
Hi,

In article ,
Bertie the wrote:
God, you'll have to move now.

Even worse, you'll have to find somewhere that hasn't already got a
British ghetto. May I suggest Arkansas?

Maybe. Is fuel cheap there?

Andy

Cheaper than the UK but not cheap.

P.S. To Bertie,

Bite my Arkansan Ass!

Old November 8th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Actually, aside from the reference to the hastage thing, yo could e
talking about the US o Britain.

You're full of ****, I know it and you know it. You are just trolling. It
was kind of fun when you were doing it only as a counter to MX but now you
are just being an asshat.

Old November 8th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("kontiki" wrote)
If the US actually had a *real* energy policy to _include_ more
production, nuclear and alternatives then there would be immediate
downward pressure on worlwide prices.

One word: China

More words:

It's 1907 and Europe doesn't quite have a handle on the scope of what's
happening in the (industrial) U.S.

It's 2007 and the U.S. doesn't quite have a handle on the scope of what's
happening in (industrial) China.

Montblack

Old November 8th 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Alas, Jimmy Carter had the chance to fix this problem way back in
1979...

to fix what? the financing of the Ayatollah? all the political moves
made by the British (et-al)?

He had the chance to eliminate the entire future leadership of Iran in
one airstrike. Carter didn't have the balls, for fear of harming the
hostages.

28 years later, we're paying a stiff price for having electing a
clawless, clueless president -- and now, instead of a few hostages, we
have many millions of lives at stake, and a nuclear-armed, radical
Islamic state.

Carter will go down in history as the one man who could have changed
the course of history -- and didn't. In 200 years historians will be
writing about him in the same breath as Neville Chamberlain.

Well, assuming the West wins the war, and we get to write the history
books.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 8th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Gig,

You're full of ****

He may be, but in this case, he has a very valid point, even if you may not
like the sound of it.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 8th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

all those cost serveral
times what conventional electricity costs and the odds of making the
costs comparable to coventional methods is slim.

To come back to the start of the thread: we're getting there...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 8th 07, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

The current dramatic drop in violence in Iraq

The what???

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 8th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

Jay,

You can't really think the world is that simple. Well, I guess you can.

and a nuclear-armed, radical
Islamic state.

Yep, nuclear-armed, radical christian states are much better.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old November 8th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Gig 601XL BuilderwrDOTgiaconaATsuddenlink.net wrote:
Cheaper than the UK but not cheap.

I'm there. Anyone got any spare floor space?

Andy
Old November 8th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Jay,

You can't really think the world is that simple. Well, I guess you
can.

and a nuclear-armed, radical
Islamic state.

Yep, nuclear-armed, radical christian states are much better.

Yes, in fact, history has proven they are.