Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

Old November 18th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation
KevinBlack

Default Any W&B calculators that work in 640x480 on HP4700 PDA?

www.niborex.com

E6B with W&B (free trial and free if you buy their portable copilot)

Pocket FMS (www.pocketfms.com) brilliant free fight planning moving map GPS
etc etc for PC and PDA. I use it exclusively - has W&B with graphs on both
PDA and PC (and did I say it's free). If you pay US$60 you become a donor
get better maps and better bandwidth. It's European (I'm in Australia), but
covers the globe. Great support, active forum monitored almost 24x7 by the
devlopers (yes, you actually talk, well forum, with the guys that write the
software). The W&B is great on the PDA - just select Airplane on the menu -
you can have many aircraft with W&B for each.

Well worth a look - and did I say it's free - I have no other connection
with them other than a happy user.

Got rid of my Garmin GPS III Pilot and replaced it with Pocket FMS - a good
choice. If you own a PDA (I run it on both and ipaq Hx4700 (big screen) and
an imate jam (phone and small screen, but good backup) without problems).

HTH and YMMV...

Cheers,
Kevin

"Peter" wrote in message
I am after a simple W&B calculator for a PDA, with a few E6B
calculations (density altitude, say) but nothing else.

I am looking at various candidates that appear to offer a graphical
W&B envelope display:

Aeroplanner
Airplan
Flightcalc
Load Balance
NavigaCE
Niborex
PocketFMS
SA Flightcalc
Teletype GPS
WingX

I recall trying Flightcalc a while ago and it was clearly hard-coded
for 320x240...

Obviously I have written to these firms but one rarely gets a
meaningful reply. I am just trying to avoid spending a whole day
downloading and installing free trial versions

Thank you for any feedback...

Peter.
E-mail replies to but remove the A and the B.

Old December 16th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.misc,uk.rec.aviation

I've been using the prog (www.pocketfms.com) in the UK for about 3
years and wouldn't consider anything else. Remember you can use it for
free but when you see how well it works you'll want to donate for the
improved maps. Not that there's much wrong with the basic maps.
I do all my flight planning, including holidays abroad, using the
prog.

David
(Scotland, UK)

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 10:21:57 +1100, "KevinBlack"
wrote:

[...]

.. .