Club rules: ownership vs. scheduling rights

Old June 15th 04, 05:32 PM
Andrew Gideon

Robert M. Gary wrote:

I suspect that the person who "counts" the points will quickly grow
tired of the task. The small book keeping that you agree to in the
begining ends up being a pain years down the road.

I'm not sure what you're asking. Is this about "validating" bookings
against a member's points? That's done by the scheduling website. If I
tried to book more than my "budget" permitted, it would be denied.

[...]
Also, if you compute your flight hour price and fixed montly price
correctly, no one will care how much the plane is flying unless they
want it at the same time.

The point system exists not for cost allocation, but - as you note - for
managing availability.

- Andrew

Old June 15th 04, 09:29 PM
DanH

Andrew Gideon wrote:

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

How often are the 4 points renewed?

One always has 4 points, some or all of which may be committed at any given
time to scheduled bookings. When a booking "expires" (ie. one flies), the
points may be allocated to another booking.

- Andrew

Your point system is interesting. Our club has 7 aircraft and about 120
active members. We have schedulepoint configured so no member can book
more than one plane at a time, but otherwise booking is not restricted.
So far, it works o.k., or, at least we don't have any comlaints about
it.

DanH