CAI 302 "Event marker" question

Old March 11th 05, 04:07 PM
Andy Smielkiewicz

Default CAI 302 "Event marker" question

Is external "event marker" switch on 302 a "momentary on" type?
Can the mode/screen pushbutton on 302 be used as an event marker?

Thanks.

Andy

Old March 11th 05, 04:27 PM
5Z

No, you cannot use the 302's knob to generate an event, an external
switch is required. I have one wired up and placed on the panel just
ahead of the flap handle, so it's easy to find. It's momentary on, as
you are connecting two pins on the connector.

So far, the only use I've found for it is to mark "personal" events
such as overflying a potential landing spot that I'd like to add to my
database, marking where I'm taking a photograph, or if some other
interesting event occurs that I may wish to analyze in my flight log.

At one time, there was thought that one would be using this in
competition for some purpose.

-Tom