Portable dehumidifier?

Old December 9th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Wanttaja

Default Portable dehumidifier?

On Sat, 9 Dec 2006 17:56:36 +0000 (UTC), Frank Stutzman
wrote:

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

http://www.drytheair.com/xcart/store/catalog/

Gotta make sure Moonraker stays nice an dry there in Seattle, eh, Ron ;-)

Normally, I just turn it upside down and shake it a bit. :-)

This product works very well, but I won't let it near my plane. I had one
of the Dri-Z-air units in my shop, sitting on my table saw. Must have
bumped it a bit and spilled either the water in it or the crystals. Ended
up with the nastiest patch of corrosion I have ever had.

My hangar mate used it, but it was a fiberglass airplane. He left it out on the
hangar floor once, and I accidentally kicked it and spilled some of the crystals
onto the concrete. The area looked like a puddle for months....

I certainly wouldn't want to place it directly on the airplane floor...
something like a cake tin underneath, I think. But I think it was what the OP
was referring to.

Ron Wanttaja
Old December 9th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Frank Stutzman

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"