What size picture is best ? - 1 attachment

Old August 4th 13, 11:17 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustYŠ[_2_]

Default What size picture is best ? - 1 attachment

In the good old days I posted my pics at 800x600. Then with bigger and
better monitors I upped it to 1024x768 but now my resolution is set to
1600x900. I know that many downloaders here use the pics as screensavers
and even desktops so I like to fill your screens.( and boots). So, my
questions, what size/shape is best for you ? And, is there one size that
would best suit everybody ?

p.s. In the very good old days I had a green screen and these problems
didn't exist.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1025-Wx.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	65055
Old August 4th 13, 12:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
ŽiŠardo[_3_] ŽiŠardo[_3_] is offline
Banned

On 04/08/2013 11:17, RustYŠ wrote:
In the good old days I posted my pics at 800x600. Then with bigger and
better monitors I upped it to 1024x768 but now my resolution is set to
1600x900. I know that many downloaders here use the pics as screensavers
and even desktops so I like to fill your screens.( and boots). So, my
questions, what size/shape is best for you ? And, is there one size that
would best suit everybody ?

p.s. In the very good old days I had a green screen and these problems
didn't exist.

I moved on from 800x600 a long time ago and now use 1024x768, which is
the option provided by Directory Opus which I use for size conversions.
When I use my pictures as a desktop I use the "stretch" option.

RiŠardo

--
Moving Things in Still Pictures!
Old August 4th 13, 01:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek[_7_]

"RustYŠ" wrote in message
In the good old days I posted my pics at 800x600. Then with bigger and
better monitors I upped it to 1024x768 but now my resolution is set to
1600x900. I know that many downloaders here use the pics as screensavers
and even desktops so I like to fill your screens.( and boots). So, my
questions, what size/shape is best for you ? And, is there one size that
would best suit everybody ?

p.s. In the very good old days I had a green screen and these problems
didn't exist.

The one you posted looks great on my 27 inch monitor.

It's good to see you posting again.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill

Old August 4th 13, 01:40 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Syke[_2_]

On 04/08/2013 11:17, RustYŠ wrote:
In the good old days I posted my pics at 800x600. Then with bigger and
better monitors I upped it to 1024x768 but now my resolution is set to
1600x900. I know that many downloaders here use the pics as screensavers
and even desktops so I like to fill your screens.( and boots). So, my
questions, what size/shape is best for you ? And, is there one size that
would best suit everybody ?

p.s. In the very good old days I had a green screen and these problems
didn't exist.

Any size at all! How I miss your pictures!

Regards

Syke
Old August 4th 13, 01:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Netko

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 11:17:04 +0100, RustYŠ wrote
(in article ) :

In the good old days I posted my pics at 800x600. Then with bigger and
better monitors I upped it to 1024x768 but now my resolution is set to
1600x900. I know that many downloaders here use the pics as screensavers
and even desktops so I like to fill your screens.( and boots). So, my
questions, what size/shape is best for you ? And, is there one size that
would best suit everybody ?

According to the StatCounter website, slightly fewer than 25% of screens are
1440 x 900 or larger, about 50% are 1360 x 768 or larger whereas almost 70%
are 1280 x 720 or larger.

There are some limitations/caveats to these data but, even so, 1600 x 900
might be pushing it; 1280 x 1024 might be better as your next step up.

Not that it matters much to me: I'm a 1920 x 1200 person myself.

And does your question mean that you intend to start posting here again? If
so, welcome back. If not, well, welcome back anyway.

Whatever next? Glenn to visit us more frequently? The return of Mitchell
Holman? Alf?

Old August 4th 13, 01:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jeff - VK4XA

"RustYŠ" wrote in message
In the good old days I posted my pics at 800x600. Then with bigger and
better monitors I upped it to 1024x768 but now my resolution is set to
1600x900. I know that many downloaders here use the pics as screensavers
and even desktops so I like to fill your screens.( and boots). So, my
questions, what size/shape is best for you ? And, is there one size that
would best suit everybody ?

p.s. In the very good old days I had a green screen and these problems
didn't exist.

1024x768 works fine here thanks Rusty, my eyes aren't good enough to to either see
or use a higher resolution.
(And I'm sure that there's a lot of us on here in the same boat to be honest)
--
Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
East Innisfail

Old August 4th 13, 03:35 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

On 04/08/2013 13:51, Jeff - VK4XA wrote:
"RustYŠ" wrote in message
In the good old days I posted my pics at 800x600. Then with bigger and
better monitors I upped it to 1024x768 but now my resolution is set to
1600x900. I know that many downloaders here use the pics as screensavers
and even desktops so I like to fill your screens.( and boots). So, my
questions, what size/shape is best for you ? And, is there one size that
would best suit everybody ?

p.s. In the very good old days I had a green screen and these problems
didn't exist.

1024x768 works fine here thanks Rusty, my eyes aren't good enough to to either see
or use a higher resolution.
(And I'm sure that there's a lot of us on here in the same boat to be honest)

Yes, I'm doing more and more things by "feel" these days!

;-)

--
Moving Things in Still Pictures!
Old August 4th 13, 07:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY Š

On 04/08/2013 11:17, RustYŠ wrote:
In the good old days............

As no-one appears to have any problems with 1600x900 I will continue
with that size as it suits me and my monitor/TV.

Thanks everyone for missing me over the past four years, I have had a
bit of body trouble with first a stroke, then a cancer and then heart
failure but no worries, I'm back to strength now. (These pills are
great) and looking at everyone's pics on here has kept me entertained.

But, the stroke has left me wearing a leg-iron (well, plastic) and using
a stick, that stops me from climbing my hill, though many others have
stepped into my footprints. It has also stopped me from using my left
arm, so the 6 kilo f2.8 had to go and I'm looking for something light
and usable with one hand. (Some hope of that giving me the results of a
Canon plus 300mm f2.8)

No complaints though, I'm still here and I enjoyed over 20 years of low
level photography and I am going to post some of my old photos soon, as
it is 10 years ago that I got my first digi-SLR.

Keep up the good work boys.

RustY

Old August 5th 13, 02:18 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jeff - VK4XA

"RustY Š" wrote in message
[...]

Wow RustY Š,
I have often wondered what happened to you but I had no idea that you had those
medical issues.
All I can say is that I that I wish you good luck in your continued recuperation.
(And that I am glad to see you posting again!)

--
Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA
East Innisfail

Old August 5th 13, 09:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Kahuna[_9_]

On 5/08/2013 10:48 AM, Jeff - VK4XA wrote:
"RustY Š" wrote in message
[...]

I would like to add my Best Wishes to you Rusty. Thanks for your past
pictures and look forward to your reposts.
All the Best