A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

another crash

Old September 9th 19, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Gilbert[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default another crash

Dave, what I said was "Removing it without proper authority may not be legal (or smart)". This is a far cry from "you have chosen to claim that removing the headrest is illegal".

Also, you appear to be pinpointing me as the reason for the GFA looking into this matter. That is incorrect.

Nick.
Old September 10th 19, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec
external usenet poster

Default another crash

Yeh right.
Old September 10th 19, 01:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default another crash

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 1:41:38 AM UTC-7, Charlie Quebec wrote:
You can spin it any way you want, but the fact is, due to angular momentum the fuselage would have accelerated when the wing touched. The glider clearly did not cartwheel, it just touched a tip then the picture clearly shows that the tmpact was close to vertical .You must be blind if you can’t see the nose striking the ground at a near vertical position. Get your vision checked Your appeal to dubious authority of your so called experience is laughable.

You are the one "spinning" it - your video DID NOT show the impact and the article only had one photo of the impact, so stating that it did not cartwheel is unsupported. In any event, it IS NOT a frontal impact as the wing tip struck first, which is a HUGE difference from what you claimed.
Old September 10th 19, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Gilbert[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default another crash

believe whatever you like. If you're concerned about this sort of blowback, perhaps be more careful what you broadcast in a public forum, and consider who might be reading it.
Old September 10th 19, 02:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default another crash

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 6:29:56 PM UTC-7, Nick Gilbert wrote:
believe whatever you like. If you're concerned about this sort of blowback, perhaps be more careful what you broadcast in a public forum, and consider who might be reading it.

Believe me, I don't give a **** about "blowback" - the facts will speak for themselves. Perhaps you, too, should review the two accidents that I posted links to. After all, physics also don't give a **** about opinions.

Tom
Old September 10th 19, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Gilbert[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default another crash

Hi Tom - my post regarding "blowback" was aimed at Charlie Quebec, not you.

Cheers,
Nick.
Old September 10th 19, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

Default another crash

On Monday, September 9, 2019 at 6:52:13 PM UTC-7, Nick Gilbert wrote:
Hi Tom - my post regarding "blowback" was aimed at Charlie Quebec, not you.

Cheers,
Nick.

Sorry, I made a bad assumption!

Tom
Old September 10th 19, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud
external usenet poster

Default another crash

One should learn to sit back and observe. Not everything needs a reaction.
Old September 11th 19, 06:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul B[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default another crash

More to the point, why does anyone bother engaging with Charlie Quebec is beyond me. So much anger and aggression. Would hate to have him in my club.

Cheers

Paul
Old September 12th 19, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Quebec
external usenet poster

Default another crash

I assumed that it’s best to discuss safety related issues publicly, but then I should have learned from my previous experience with a club that is a safety disaster area,
so much so a previous CFI, when critiquing its claim to be low cost, described it as receiving a bi annual subsidy from its insurers due to the number of write offs they have.
If it wasn’t you Nick, I apologise, and my suspicions turn to a nasty bitter little leather faced turd I call D moaner, or perhaps a recent OAM winner.
Of course the gutless piece of **** won’t own up.
Luckily, my club officials are right behind me and taking up,the issue on my behalf.