MKIV Yaw String - the change, and a free offer

Old October 28th 17, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default MKIV Yaw String - the change, and a free offer

I posted before re Wings and Wheels' acquisition of the MKIV and Quiet Vent..

Some inside info:

Sean visited beautiful Minden, NV for training and to pick up manufacturing tools and fixtures. About half way through training, he was a little slow and being every bit as picky as me, rejecting about half. He says, "There is a lot to this!". I respond, "And such a little thing, the customer would never know." I was pleased at how fast he was catching on.

Several weeks later I call to see how things were going. Maybe sold, but the MKIV is still my baby. Sean assures me all is well, says he's changed the packaging and will send me a sample. When it arrives I see it's excellent quality, and packaging is nicer too.

Still you may have concerns, So if you purchase a MKIV or QV from W & W, and feel you didn't get your money's worth for whatever reason, just contact me and I'll refund your money up to the full purchase price, including shipping. Please note this is a limited time offer.

Okay, time's up!

Good Soaring!

bumper

Old October 28th 17, 07:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

So Bumper, did Sean incorporate the rounded front leading edge as I suggested? To stop the dreaded microfiber cloth catch and subsequent early removal of the MkIV

CH ASW 27 & Ventus B (for sale)
Old October 28th 17, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Old October 29th 17, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 12:25:13 PM UTC-7, jfitch wrote:
[...]

Bumper you should outsource this to China. They will make them for $0.20, 200,000 to a container. The instructions may be a little funky and the cardboard packaging limp, but who cares if it points the wrong way?

Then get the Trump administration to give you $1,000,000 in tax incentives to bring manufacturing back. Modern Business 101.

I thought about that, but then remembered how much I worried when my last glider came across the North Atlantic. Those shipping containers go overboard sometimes. From 2008 to 2013, 1679 containers were lost per year. With my luck, and your well meaning help, one of those would have had 200,000 MKIV's on it. Can you imagine what would happen to soaring as we know it without the MKIV?

Besides, each MKIV requires extensive programming and hands on training to insure it points the right way and doesn't wag it's tail too much - like my golden retriever, "Thumper" they tend to get excited, especially when you fly right. I just checked and none of the world's truly accomplished yaw string programmers speak Chinese or Chinglish. So I guess I'm out that million $$.

Old October 29th 17, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

MK IV question does the pointy end go forward(towards the nose) or the rounded edge?
Old October 29th 17, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bumper-

I recently purchased four sets of the Cobra ramp slide guides. Excellent design, easy installation and yada, yada, yada. You graciously included the MkIV yaw string, but I am hesitant to install it. You see, the last time I bought a computer, it was inflicted with the World's best-selling virus: Windows. This operating system seems to take over my computer whenever it wants in order to install an unwanted (and possibly unneeded) upgrade that invariably interferes with vitally needed software like Tetris and Solitaire.

Can you assure me that installation of the MkIV yawstring system is totally backwards compatible with my rudder pedals? I would rather not get a big surprise while attempting a forward slip into a tight field or determining which direction I should attempt to launch on a runway of less than 11,000 feet.

Is there an "Uninstall" app if I decide that the MkIV is somehow not to my liking? Does the MkIV app save my personal information to a database that might be hacked by nefarious hackers in Turkmenistan? (Assuming they actually achieve electricity.)

Old October 29th 17, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Bumper

My cup holder needs improvement. It needs a better retaining mechanism, smoother insertion of cups and longer life gimbal
mechanism. Any chance you could look at this now you have more free time?
Old October 29th 17, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Bumper,
I'm having trouble finding people to help me rig my glider. What can you offer? Thanks, private owner.
Old October 29th 17, 05:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 7:01:30 PM UTC-7, wrote:
MK IV question does the pointy end go forward(towards the nose) or the rounded edge?

You need to do a test flight to see which way things go when you release the stick and take your feet off the rudder pedals. Most pilots will instinctively correct for any tendency for the glider to go out of control and into a non-recoverable flat spin or series of lomcovaks without much thought, so it's best to close your eyes for a minute or two to find out what she really wants to do without your help (this works in some relationships with the opposite sex as well).

Once, or if, you recover you can decide how many degrees offset from the centerline the pointy end of the MKIV should be. This is a handy way of correcting most any flight anomaly and can add as much as two points to your L/D.. Oh, when you open your eyes and the ship is in a stable, high speed tail slide, the MKIV should be installed backwards, rounded end towards the nose of the glider. On all properly behaving ships the pointy end goes forward - is that clear?

Thank you for asking.

Disclaimer: Since I no longer make the MKIV, my opinions carry no weight and are mostly gibberish or rubbish depending on who you ask. I'm spending all of my free time working on cup gimbels.
Old October 29th 17, 05:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 8:03:49 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Bumper,
I'm having trouble finding people to help me rig my glider. What can you offer? Thanks, private owner.

Raxy,

I'd like to help, but I'm just not sure. If you are a cute female, I'd suggest wearing white shorts and a halter top or bikini. Most male glider pilots are quite shallow and easily sidetracked - you'll have no problem getting help with rigging.

Short, sort of related story: When I went in for spine surgery back in Feb (much better now), they were supposed to stay for two days. The admitting nurse asked what I was in for and I told her, "Elective gender reassignment and a hysterectomy". She found that amusing, and when she regained her composure, continue with the paperwork (no one else laughed, 'cept my wife). They did kick me out the same day though. After the surgery, wife whispers - you better check! No help on the ramp for me.

MKIV "high tech" yaw string (tech note) bumper[_4_] Soaring 20 August 15th 15 11:02 AM
Replacing the MKIV yaw string - tips bumper[_4_] Soaring 38 January 1st 13 09:10 AM
Free SPOT-2 offer (mail-in rebate) starts now Paul Remde Soaring 0 December 21st 12 06:47 AM
MKIV & QV increase bumper[_3_] Soaring 6 March 10th 10 02:22 AM
IFR Accelerated Training in my COZY MKIV Marc J. Zeitlin Instrument Flight Rules 1 April 13th 05 05:35 PM