*********A DEFENCE FOR MXMORAN***********

Old March 8th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default *********A DEFENCE FOR MXMORAN***********

writes:

It is just irrelevant.

Exactly.
Old March 8th 09, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
writes:

It is just irrelevant.

Exactly.

Yeah, exactly like yourself.

Old March 8th 09, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

Of course I do; the tower is the final arbiter of whether or not I was
in the right place, and the real tower with the real controller was
satisfied.

So did they tell you exactly how far you were? If so, how close were you? If
not, how can you make any statements about accuracy with no clear idea of what
accuracy is required?

I'll type this real slow so you have a better chance of understanding
the concepts involved, though you may still have to read it several
times to understand.

ATC, i.e. the real controller in the real tower, is the final arbiter,
judge, referee, umpire, authority, and decider of the required accuracy
of any manuever.

Real ATC does not provide "scores" because we are not playing a game.

If the accuracy of a manuever by a real pilot in a real airplane satisfies
the accuracy requirements of the real ATC controller, nothing is said about
the manuever.

If the accuracy of a manuever by a real pilot in a real airplane does
NOT satisfy the accuracy requirements of the real ATC controller, the
real pilot is informed of his error.

Since I received no feedback from the tower on the accuracy of my manuever,
the final arbiter, judge, referee, umpire, authority, and decider of the
required accuracy was satisfied.

QED.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old March 8th 09, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

I'll type this real slow so you have a better chance of understanding
the concepts involved, though you may still have to read it several
times to understand.

The speed at which you type it has no effect on the speed at which I read it,
since I will see it only after you've entirely finished typing it.

The went right over the top of your head, didn't it?

One wonders if you would pass the Turing test.

If the accuracy of a manuever by a real pilot in a real airplane satisfies
the accuracy requirements of the real ATC controller, nothing is said about
the manuever.

If a pilot doesn't know the accuracy of his maneuver, it doesn't make much
sense for him to boast about it.

You will never hear a pilot boasting about the accuracy of his maneuver
in normal flying because the whole concept is rediculous.

Normal flying is pass/fail.

Even on the practical test where there are objective criteria such as
holding +/- 100 feet in altitude you will not hear any numbers from the
examiner; all you will hear is pass/fail.

About the only place in real aviation where you will hear accuracy numbers
is in games (Gasp!! Yes, real pilots do play games) such as spot landing
contests.

Accuracy numbers, i.e. scores, are for games, which is probably why you
seem to be obsessed by the subject.

snip ignorant babble

--
Jim Pennino