Verizon turning off the best part of the usenet

Old June 24th 08, 02:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear[_3_]

Default Verizon turning off the best part of the usenet

The Idiot at verizon in their infinte wisdumd are doind away with access
to alt.* hierarchy NGs
Dear Verizon Online Customer,

As a Verizon Newsgroup service user, we wanted to let you know about some
important changes that we will soon be making to our Newsgroup service.

On June 24, 2008, we will be modifying our Newsgroup offerings to only
offer groups in the Big-8 Newsgroup hierarchies, which are listed below.
The 0.verizon.* newsgroup hierarchy will also continue to be available.
Users will not be able to post or download from any other newsgroups using
our Newsgroup service.

comp.*
humanities.*
misc.*
news.*
rec.*
sci.*
soc.*
talk.*

More details regarding the Big 8 newsgroup hierarchies is available at:
http://www.big-8.org/.

This change will not affect your Internet access service. If you would
like to subscribe to newsgroups other than those we offer, you will need to
subscribe to a separate commercial news service. Please note that your use
of any such service is still subject to our Terms of Service and Acceptable
Use Policy.

There are no changes required to your software, but you will need to
unsubscribe from all Newsgroups other than the Big 8 hierarchies and the
0.verizon.* hierarchy noted above. The following link explains how to
subscribe and unsubscribe in Outlook Express:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/171190

IMPORTANT: If you continue to subscribe to unsupported newsgroups, you may
experience poor computer performance and slow throughput speeds. Failure to
unsubscribe may also interfere with the functioning of the Verizon network
or use of the network by other Verizon users, which is a violation of our
Acceptable Use Policy.

We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve you in
the future.

Sincerely,

Verizon Online
I will be calling up a new ISP tommorrow hopefully I will have access to
all the alt.* groups again real soon
I would like to thank all those posters here
Thanks Legend, Andrew, Bob, e.al.
Old June 24th 08, 06:38 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

You can thank your New York Senator Chuck Schumer for that. He and others
have pressured the isps that are dropping access to newsgroups do to Pron
they have found in 88 newsgroups. So they are pressuring the isps to cut
access to newsgroups, especially those with pron......

Old June 24th 08, 06:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

[tries to imagine an underage aircraft]

"Clairbear" wrote in message
[...]

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Old June 25th 08, 06:04 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Clairbear

"Dallas" wrote in

You can thank your New York Senator Chuck Schumer for that. He and
others have pressured the isps that are dropping access to newsgroups
do to Pron they have found in 88 newsgroups. So they are pressuring
the isps to cut access to newsgroups, especially those with pron......

Found a work around thanks to Dennis Free access via news hosting While I
seek a new server to get away from whorizon. Schumer always has been an
asshole and I wish the good folks in NY would see thru him Andrew Cuomo and
the rest of the lib elite who want to force censorship down everyone's
throat. I always thought the bible thumper conservatives where more against
the porn but it is te liberals who are "Big Brother" with the political
correctness and telling us what is good for us at least the conservatives
believe in free speech and personal respondsiblity, whatever else they may
be.
Old June 25th 08, 06:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dallas[_2_]

Unfortunately, a lot of the isp's that are cutting out the newsgroup access
are cutting out many newsgroups that dont have porn along with those that
do. Its not profitable for them any way, so this is an excuse to get rid of
it for them....

wrote:

You can thank your New York Senator Chuck Schumer for that. He and others
have pressured the isps that are dropping access to newsgroups do to Pron
they have found in 88 newsgroups. So they are pressuring the isps to cut
access to newsgroups, especially those with pron......

.. .

--
http://www.petersparrots.com http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Old June 26th 08, 07:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

The companies that do newsgroups for a living will stay.

wrote:

You can thank your New York Senator Chuck Schumer for that. He and others
have pressured the isps that are dropping access to newsgroups do to Pron
they have found in 88 newsgroups. So they are pressuring the isps to cut
access to newsgroups, especially those with pron......

"Clairbear" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

When Mike got arrested, the police told him, "Anything you say will be held against you."
Mike smiled and simply replied, "Jessica Simpson's boobs."
Old July 2nd 08, 11:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Escher

Time Warner Cable did away with ALL newsgroups
on the 24th. They have none now. at least you have some

Bob E

"Clairbear" wrote in message
[...]

F/A-18 turning on final Tom Callahan Aviation Photos 0 January 20th 07 03:28 AM
Turning 1000 Dan Luke Piloting 33 August 8th 05 06:09 PM
This NG is turning Brett Military Aviation 62 September 25th 04 02:59 PM
Turning the Prop Over as Part of Preflight? O. Sami Saydjari Owning 19 May 25th 04 01:49 AM