Peschges VP9 audio problem

Old March 17th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Peschges VP9 audio problem

Dear All,
After I have installed my VP9 in the Mini Nimbus from my old glider, I
had a serious problem with the VP9E.
My problem is that after installing the VP9 from my old glider into
Mini, the VP9 does not producing, just a very low level (you almost
can
not hear anything) vario sound. All cabling are the same as it was in
the previous glider, all connections checked, they are good, the
loudspeaker is also the same, the original Peschges in a small yellow
rectangular box, this is also checked. We have tried to use another
loudspeaker, 8ohms, the result was the same, only very-very quiet
sound. We have also measured the resitance of the original
loudspeaker,
it was about 200 ohms.
So everything is very strange, because nothing has cahanged, nothing
happened with the VP9 during the winter, it was stored in the room.
I would highly appreciate if aynbody could help, thanks in advance.

Old March 18th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie

wrote:
[...]

Speakers are driven by current through the voice coil: the voltage
across them is incidental.

So if you're absolutely sure the speaker cabling and connections are OK
(have you used a meter to check?), have you checked the power supply to
the VP9? The voltage sounds as if it should be OK or the vario wouldn't
work correctly, but might something (e.g. a high resistance connection)
be limiting the current available to the VP9? That would restrict the
current available to drive the speaker and hence its loudness.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

L-Nav audio vario problem Roy Clark, B6 Soaring 5 September 8th 05 04:58 AM
Sony Air-8 audio problem salmonsm General Aviation 0 July 26th 05 09:57 PM
Old Peschges VP-3 Question Wayne Paul Soaring 2 June 27th 05 07:50 PM
Peschges VP9 Istvan Csonka Soaring 1 January 5th 05 08:53 AM
Peschges VP3 Problems Nick Gilbert Soaring 7 December 2nd 03 04:12 AM