So...What did Santa Bring you?

Old December 25th 06, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default So...What did Santa Bring you?

Ho! Ho! Ho! I'll start -- Santa was good to us this year! He brought
us...

- Rod Machado's DVD "Aviation Humor", Part I
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X Pro for the Kiwi
- Some more screwdrivers, pliers, and cordless driver bits for my son
to lose

Nothing specific for Atlas this year, but we just did the 496 panel
dock/XM radio thing, and had to buy a new "Mighty Grape" fuel truck --
so that's enough of an aviation upgrade for our Christmas season...

How 'bout you? Whad'ja find in *your* Christmas stocking?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 25th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Coal! Bah! Humbug!

Old December 26th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

wrote:
Coal! Bah! Humbug!

Ah, WTF. Me, too. That's what comes from living alone.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old December 26th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

Somehow, Santa managed to stuff a Bose Wave Syatem into Bea's Christmas
stocking this year.
She loves it! She's had it on constantly for the past two days. She's been
into Celtic music ever since Michael Flatly blew her a kiss from the stage
one night when we were attending "Lord of the Dance" :-)
I have to admit it; after watching the Celtic Women perform and seeing
Mairead Nesbitt play the fiddle, I'm a bonafide fan of Irish music now
myself.
Dudley

ups.com...

Old December 26th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Somehow, Santa managed to stuff a Bose Wave Syatem into Bea's Christmas
stocking this year.

Those things *are* amazing. They look waaaay too small to produce such
huge sound -- but produce it they do. Are they still so stinkin'
expensive, or have they come down some in price?

She loves it! She's had it on constantly for the past two days. She's been
into Celtic music ever since Michael Flatly blew her a kiss from the stage
one night when we were attending "Lord of the Dance" :-)

Ever since the cast of River Dance stayed with us at the inn (man, are
those folks ever in shape!), Mary and I have enjoyed that style of
music, too. I can't take it as a steady diet, but on occasion it's
great!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 26th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Somehow, Santa managed to stuff a Bose Wave Syatem into Bea's Christmas
stocking this year.

Those things *are* amazing. They look waaaay too small to produce such
huge sound -- but produce it they do. Are they still so stinkin'
expensive, or have they come down some in price?

I believe it was 500 dollars plus tax total. What impressed me was that I
ordered it on Monday afternoon at about 3PM and it was delivered the next
morning at 10AM. I hadn't specified next day shipping. They just sent it out
that way. They seem to be a first rate outfit through and through. Really
enjoyed dealing with them and the set is as you say, unbelievable sound for
a unit that size. I've had full system stereos that were not nearly this
well made and had this quality.

She loves it! She's had it on constantly for the past two days. She's
been
into Celtic music ever since Michael Flatly blew her a kiss from the
stage
one night when we were attending "Lord of the Dance" :-)

Ever since the cast of River Dance stayed with us at the inn (man, are
those folks ever in shape!), Mary and I have enjoyed that style of
music, too. I can't take it as a steady diet, but on occasion it's
great!

I swear I can't figure out how anyone can make their feet move that fast.
The precision is unbelievable. Sort of reminds me of the Marine Rifle Drill
Team. It's some of the most impressive stuff I've ever seen done on stage.
You couple this with the sheer beauty of the Celtic music and it's a winner.
Hope you, Mary and the gang had a great Christmas.
Let's hope the new year finds some reason in the world.
Dudley

--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 26th 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Paul Riley

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message

I believe it was 500 dollars plus tax total. What impressed me was that I
ordered it on Monday afternoon at about 3PM and it was delivered the next
morning at 10AM. I hadn't specified next day shipping. They just sent it
out that way. They seem to be a first rate outfit through and through.
Really enjoyed dealing with them and the set is as you say, unbelievable
sound for a unit that size. I've had full system stereos that were not
nearly this well made and had this quality.

Hi Dudley,

Back in 1976, while I was assigned to Korea, I purchased a pair of the Bose
501-II speakers. They are still hooked up to my secondary music system,
putting out terrific sounds just like they did back then. Never a hiccup
with them. Bose does build stuff well!!!!!

I do not care for them as a part of a home theater surround system (tried,
got something else) but for just listening to music, they cannot be beat.

Glad to know Bose continues with their great equipment line.

Happy New Year,
Paul

Old December 26th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques

All the best for the New Year,

Dudley Henriques

. ..

Old December 26th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon Kraus

I still have a couple pairs of 301's from the early 80's. They still
work fine but I believe the foam around the woofers has seen better
days. I have the Bose Aviation X headset and it is the best I have tried
(better befor the price).

I also wouldn't buy Bose for my home speakers. I have a preference of
Paradigm speakers for that. The Paridigm Reference series speakers
totally rock!!

Jon

Old December 26th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Buy her some Steamroller CDs...

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
| Somehow, Santa managed to stuff a Bose Wave Syatem into
Bea's Christmas
| stocking this year.
| She loves it! She's had it on constantly for the past two
days. She's been
| into Celtic music ever since Michael Flatly blew her a
kiss from the stage
| one night when we were attending "Lord of the Dance" :-)
| I have to admit it; after watching the Celtic Women
perform and seeing
| Mairead Nesbitt play the fiddle, I'm a bonafide fan of
Irish music now
| myself.
| Dudley

ups.com...